Case lodged against Ramdev's Patanjali products
- LIVE: Yogendra Yadav, Prashant Bhushan expelled from AAP National Executive committee
- President Pranab Mukherjee goes to Vajpayee's home with Bharat Ratna
- Land bill will ‘break nation’s backbone’, Sonia tells Gadkari
- After 2010 scare, DGCA got cockpit policy to avert Germanwings-type incident
- Leave IITs alone, can’t talk to 36 applicants in a day and choose (directors): Kakodkar
A case has been lodged in a local court against Ramdev's Patanajali Ayurved Ltd for allegedly selling five of its products without proper licence.
District food safety and standards department approached the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate yesterday, after charges of wrong labelling or misbranding of the five products were corroborated by tests conducted at the state laboratory at Rudrapur, said R S Rawat, district food safety officer.
Samples were collected from Ramdev's Divya Yog Mandir establishment during raids on August 16 and sent for investigation to the lab where five of the products failed labelling tests, he said.
The products which failed label condition tests are Arogya Besan, Arogya Kachchi Ghani Tel, Namak, Kali Mirch Powder and Pineapple Jam.