Case lodged against Ramdev's Patanjali products
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
A case has been lodged in a local court against Ramdev's Patanajali Ayurved Ltd for allegedly selling five of its products without proper licence.
District food safety and standards department approached the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate yesterday, after charges of wrong labelling or misbranding of the five products were corroborated by tests conducted at the state laboratory at Rudrapur, said R S Rawat, district food safety officer.
Samples were collected from Ramdev's Divya Yog Mandir establishment during raids on August 16 and sent for investigation to the lab where five of the products failed labelling tests, he said.
The products which failed label condition tests are Arogya Besan, Arogya Kachchi Ghani Tel, Namak, Kali Mirch Powder and Pineapple Jam.