Case lodged against Ramdev's Patanjali products
- India's future cannot exist without the future of Kashmir: Rajnath Singh
- Will appoint nodal officer to help Kashmiri youth across the country: Rajnath Singh in Srinagar
- Dec 16 Delhi gangrape case: Convict attempts suicide inside Tihar Jail, rushed to hospital
- Earthquake in Italy kills 247, toll may rise as rescuers continue hunt for survivors
- Rahul Gandhi twisting statement, must show generosity, apologise: RSS
A case has been lodged in a local court against Ramdev's Patanajali Ayurved Ltd for allegedly selling five of its products without proper licence.
District food safety and standards department approached the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate yesterday, after charges of wrong labelling or misbranding of the five products were corroborated by tests conducted at the state laboratory at Rudrapur, said R S Rawat, district food safety officer.
Samples were collected from Ramdev's Divya Yog Mandir establishment during raids on August 16 and sent for investigation to the lab where five of the products failed labelling tests, he said.
- Sedition law cannot be used against honest views, expressed peacefully
- India’s dependence on China for medicine ingredients is a matter of concern
- Before Balochistan, India has supported some human rights causes and ignored others
- Olympics brought many smiles — and a little bit of rancour
- Harish Gupta case involves questions about the very nature of governmental decision-making
- Tension between the executive and judiciary could play out in creative, or destructive, ways