Cash and 25 tolas of gold stolen from jewelry store owner’s house
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
The UT police on Tuesday registered a case of theft from the residence of a jewelery store owner, Jagdish Lal Bhola, a resident of Sector 40. The thieves have stolen cash worth Rs ninety thousand and 25 tolas of gold jewelery, diamond jewelery and an LCD television.
The police officials said that Jagdish Lal Bhola, along with his family, had gone to attend a marriage function organized by one of the neighbours.
When they returned, the house was open and some of the things were stolen. Bhola, the owner of two jewelery stores, one in Sector 40 and other in Sector 37, told police that some of the jewelry which was stolen was from the two stores and some was his personal property.
A police official said that the 15 tola belonged to customers who had brought the jewelry to be repaired.
The rest of the jewelery belonged to Jagdish Bhola's wife and daughter-in-law.
The police has registered a case but no arrests have been made so far.