- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
These opinions have been prompted by the recent controversy over 2G spectrum allocation against the backdrop of claims by a retired CAG official. The editorial claims "the government has let loose its team... to launch a shrill, low-level disinformation campaign against the CAG" in an apparent attempt to wriggle itself from "the other reports of the CAG on coal blocks, airports, power and Commonwealth Games" which it can dump as "exaggerated and unfounded".
Babri, 20 years
Panchjanya celebrates two decades of the demolition of the Babri mosque in a cover story. It declares that the "resolve" of Hindus is fast gaining strength for building the Ram temple at Ayodhya: "The Babri structure was demolished with the Hindu unity then, we need similar Hindu unity now for construction of Ram temple," the story quotes one of the "saints" present at a recent conference of saints in Ayodhya.
"The temple construction will begin in 2014," VHP patron Ashok Singhal is reported to have said at the gathering.
Compiled by Ravish Tiwari