Cash 'top favourite gift for kids'
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
Children prefer cash as Christmas gift, a new survey has revealed.
Almost two-thirds of eight to 16-year-olds quizzed said they are happier to receive money rather than presents.
And this rises to 85 per cent of teenagers, aged 14 to 16.
The survey of 2,002 children and parents, by PKTMNY, an online bank for children, found most wanted to control what gifts they ended up with, rather than risk being surprised with tasteless clothes or out-of-date music.
"Children enjoy the anticipation of preparing a wish list, then being able to combine what they receive to buy what they've hoped for," the Daily Express quoted child psychologist Dr Elizabeth Kilbey as saying.