Cash transfer will win Cong both 2014, 2019: Rahul
- What, according to you, has played the biggest part in deciding who will win the Gujarat Assembly elections?
- Narendra Modi has assumed a hugely mocking tone and the persona of a stand-up comedian, with crowd applause and wolf whistles on demand, to disparage Sonia and Rahul Gandhi? Comment.
- Cash transfer will win Cong both 2014, 2019: Rahul Gandhi
- Nitish Katara murder case: Delhi HC upholds life sentence of Vikas Yadav, two others
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Narendra Modi, Nitish Kumar face-off in Bihar's Nawada today
- DGCA calls SpiceJet Re 1 ticket offer malpractice, asks to stop it immediately
- âTehseen names new Indian Mujahideen duo in 2010 Jama Masjid shootingâ
- 8.2 magnitude earthquake strikes off Chile; tsunami alert issued
Addressing Congress office-bearers at the party's 'war room' on Gurudwara Rakabganj Road, Finance Minister P Chidambaram said the government would try to roll out the scheme in 51 districts on January 1 but it was at present checking levels of preparedness in each district.
The finance minister, who is scheduled to visit some of these districts, said at least 80 per cent preparedness was needed for the scheme to be launched, according to sources.
Incidentally, the Congress appeared to be cagey about calling the scheme 'cash transfer'. A 12-page note on frequently asked questions circulated at the press conference called it a Direct Benefits Transfer Scheme.
- ‘Fake’ MBA admission: Iranian girl untraceable as cops busy with polls
- To avoid election duty, teachers flock to doctors to get medical certificates
- Arun Bhatia hopes to get third time lucky
- Congress complains against Narendra Modi for poll code violation
- Flying squads deployed to check flow of liquor and gifts yet to spot offenders
- Flaunt the indelible ink on your finger, and get freebies