Cashew declines as demand falls
- China says no to Arunachal youth in India delegation, minister says letâs call off trip
- Lok Sabha polls: Tamizh Talkies
- BJP leader to Narendra Modi critics: You will soon be in Pakistan, not India
- The Third Front: Why transgenders remain a minority in election process
- Elections LIVE 2014: BJP disapproves Giriraj Singh's Pakistan remark
Cashew prices fell by Rs 10 per kg in the national capital today as demand declined after Diwali festival.
Sufficient stocks position following increased arrivals from producing belts also weighed on the cashew prices.
Cashew kernel (No 180, 210, 240 and 230) prices fell by Rs 10 each to settled at Rs 720-755, Rs 695-705, Rs 615-635 and Rs 545-585 per kg, respectively.
Marketmen said the fall in dry fruit prices was mostly attributed to decline in demand after Diwali festival.
The following are today's quotations (per 40 kg): Almond (California) Rs 12,800 Almond (Gurbandi-new) Rs 7,000-7,800; Almond (Girdhi) Rs 3,200-3,400; Abjosh Afghani Rs 8,000-20,000.
Almond Kernel (California) Rs 450-470 per kg, Almond Kernel (Gurbandi-new) Rs 350-425 per kg.