Catch 22 for govt: Deadline for promoting teachers ends Sunday
- Kashmir floods LIVE: Many feared dead as houses collapse in Budgam district
- ‘Mukhyamantri ka saala’ is a story of growth in Chhattisgarh
- AAP removes Ramdas as Lokpal, Bhushan from disciplinary panel
- Ahmed Patel, seen and heard like never before
- Retd Lt Gen says will write to Chief about Army role in Hashimpura
JBT teacher Baljit Punia, who is posted at Hisar, said, "The recruitment issue was more of a tussle between (the then director of primary education) Sanjiv Kumar and the Chautala government. We did not pay anyone to get jobs. We were never made a party to the case by any court. For the last 13 years we have been doing our duty."
Several other cases pertaining to the same teachers recruitment scam are pending in courts, including one filed by candidates who did not get selected.