Caustic soda rises on short supply
- Farmer's suicide: PM says death has shattered the nation, Congress demands FIR against Modi, Kejriwal
- India needs a law to protect Internet: Rahul on Net Neutrality
- Late night storm claims 32, injures over 80 in Bihar
- A father-daughter angle in latest IPL conflict of interest
- Pak Army announces special force for protecting Chinese citizens
Caustic soda prices rose by Rs 100 per 50 kg in the national capital today largely supported by restricted supplies amid firm demand from consuming industries.
Caustic soda flake rose by Rs 100 to Rs 2,000-2,150 per 50 kg.
Marketmen said apart from good demand from detergent manufacturers, tight supplies from producing belts also pushed up caustic soda prices on the wholesale chemical market here.
The following are today's quotations:
Ammonium chloride (50 kg) Rs 1,000-2,200, acetic acid (1 kg) Rs 42-50, ammonia bicarb (25 kg) Rs 400-675, boric acid technical (50 kg) Rs 5,500-6,000, borex granular (50 kg) Rs 2,400-2,800.
Caustic soda flake (50 kg) Rs 2,000-2,150, citric acid (50 kg) (China) Rs 3,200-3,400, citric acid deshi (50 kg) Rs 3,000-3,600, camphor slab (1 kg) Rs 350, camphor powder (1kg) Rs 310, glycerine (1 kg) Rs 150-320, hexamine (1kg) Rs 95, hydrogen peroxide (1 kg) Rs 36-50, menthol bold crystal (per kg) Rs 1,530, menthol flake (1 kg) Rs 1,475 and mentha oil (1kg) Rs 1,425.