Caustic soda rises on short supply
- Amit Shah moves HC against FIRs on hate speeches
- Narendra Modi tukde-tukde kar dega: Rahul Gandhi
- Defiant Azam Khan stands by Kargil won by Muslim soldiers remark, gets EC notice
- Lok Sabha elections: Polling ends in Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Arunachal
- April 9 Campaign roundup: Gujarat model "balloon" will burst the same way as 'India Shining', says Rahul
Caustic soda prices rose by Rs 100 per 50 kg in the national capital today largely supported by restricted supplies amid firm demand from consuming industries.
Caustic soda flake rose by Rs 100 to Rs 2,000-2,150 per 50 kg.
Marketmen said apart from good demand from detergent manufacturers, tight supplies from producing belts also pushed up caustic soda prices on the wholesale chemical market here.
The following are today's quotations:
Ammonium chloride (50 kg) Rs 1,000-2,200, acetic acid (1 kg) Rs 42-50, ammonia bicarb (25 kg) Rs 400-675, boric acid technical (50 kg) Rs 5,500-6,000, borex granular (50 kg) Rs 2,400-2,800.
Caustic soda flake (50 kg) Rs 2,000-2,150, citric acid (50 kg) (China) Rs 3,200-3,400, citric acid deshi (50 kg) Rs 3,000-3,600, camphor slab (1 kg) Rs 350, camphor powder (1kg) Rs 310, glycerine (1 kg) Rs 150-320, hexamine (1kg) Rs 95, hydrogen peroxide (1 kg) Rs 36-50, menthol bold crystal (per kg) Rs 1,530, menthol flake (1 kg) Rs 1,475 and mentha oil (1kg) Rs 1,425.
- Parties promise homes to people who don’t even own a radio
- 4 years on, Mirchpur village’s Dalits still scared to return
- Delhi-NCR votes today for Lok Sabha polls
- Sebi receives complaints on Ranbaxy trade, seeks data
- BJP’s Kerala hopes start in Kasaragod, centre of divide, Otherwise, it’s still largely bipolar
- Trading at BSE disrupted for second time this week