Cauvery row: Karnataka's refusal spells calamity for TN farmers
- My government will not be vindictive: Narendra Modi on Robert Vadra
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- Rahul tears into Narendra Modi's 'toffee model' development in Gujarat
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sonia to address rally in Telangana; Smriti Irani to file nomination shortly
"But despite all our discussions, despite all our pleadings, the Karnataka government was firm in saying that it could not release even a single drop of water. So this is the outcome of the meeting. Karnataka has flatly refused to release any water to Tamil Nadu," she said.
As the wrangling between the two states persisted over sharing water during the distress period, the Supreme Court had on Monday suggested that both Chief Ministers should give talks a try and meet in a congenial mannner and discuss the issue in the larger interest of farmers of both states.