CB-CID to probe Noida scam case
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
The state government today transferred the investigation into the case of alleged embezzlement of over Rs 950 crore in Noida Authority to the CB-CID.
Former engineer-in-chief Yadav Singh and some officials of the department and owners of private firms are facing charges in the scam, which was being investigated by Noida police so far.
The Home Department spokesperson confirmed this evening that the investigation in the case against Yadav Singh and others was transferred to the CB-CID today.
Noida Authority had lodged the case against Singh and a group of contractors for their alleged involvement in embezzlement of several crore of rupees. Singh had allegedly allotted works to private firms even before carrying out the tender process.
A senior police official in Noida said that they had given a presentation before the government in September requesting to transfer the investigation to the Economic Offences Wing or any other agency. The police had given the reason that they were not authorised to probe a case involving an economic offence of more than a crore.