CBI arrests FCI manager for taking bribe
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
The CBI on Wednesday arrested the commercial manager of Food Corporation of India (FCI) for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 92,000 at his office in Kanpur. A CBI official said Sidhartha Shekhar Gautam had allegedly demanded the bribe from Rameshwar Lal, the manager of M/S RB Kisan Kendra Pvt Ltd in Kanpur. An official said the accused will be produced before a CBI court in Lucknow on Thursday .
Lucknow Mahotsav extended till December 9
Lucknow: The ongoing Lucknow Mahotsav has been extended for three days till December 9. Governor B L Joshi will be the chief guest at the concluding ceremony. District Magistrate Anurag Yadav said the mahotsav had been extended following demands of visitors. Cultural programmes will also take place on the extended days.
Awadhpal son, 4 aides booked in murder case
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress