CBI arrests FCI manager for taking bribe
- Dadri: Outrage after mob lynches man for allegedly consuming beef
- At United Nations, Pak PM Sharif plays his old tune on Kashmir
- 2006 Mumbai train blasts: Death sentence for 5 convicts, life for 7
- Modi's foreign visits need to be backed up with action on ground: Rajan
- Diesel rates up by 50 paise from midnight tonight, no change in petrol price
The CBI on Wednesday arrested the commercial manager of Food Corporation of India (FCI) for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 92,000 at his office in Kanpur. A CBI official said Sidhartha Shekhar Gautam had allegedly demanded the bribe from Rameshwar Lal, the manager of M/S RB Kisan Kendra Pvt Ltd in Kanpur. An official said the accused will be produced before a CBI court in Lucknow on Thursday .
Lucknow Mahotsav extended till December 9
Lucknow: The ongoing Lucknow Mahotsav has been extended for three days till December 9. Governor B L Joshi will be the chief guest at the concluding ceremony. District Magistrate Anurag Yadav said the mahotsav had been extended following demands of visitors. Cultural programmes will also take place on the extended days.
Awadhpal son, 4 aides booked in murder case