CBI arrests FCI manager for taking bribe
- India's future cannot exist without the future of Kashmir: Rajnath Singh
- Will appoint nodal officer to help Kashmiri youth across the country: Rajnath Singh in Srinagar
- Dec 16 Delhi gangrape case: Convict attempts suicide inside Tihar Jail, rushed to hospital
- Earthquake in Italy kills 247, toll may rise as rescuers continue hunt for survivors
- Rahul Gandhi twisting statement, must show generosity, apologise: RSS
The CBI on Wednesday arrested the commercial manager of Food Corporation of India (FCI) for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 92,000 at his office in Kanpur. A CBI official said Sidhartha Shekhar Gautam had allegedly demanded the bribe from Rameshwar Lal, the manager of M/S RB Kisan Kendra Pvt Ltd in Kanpur. An official said the accused will be produced before a CBI court in Lucknow on Thursday .
Lucknow Mahotsav extended till December 9
Lucknow: The ongoing Lucknow Mahotsav has been extended for three days till December 9. Governor B L Joshi will be the chief guest at the concluding ceremony. District Magistrate Anurag Yadav said the mahotsav had been extended following demands of visitors. Cultural programmes will also take place on the extended days.
Awadhpal son, 4 aides booked in murder case
- Sedition law cannot be used against honest views, expressed peacefully
- India’s dependence on China for medicine ingredients is a matter of concern
- Before Balochistan, India has supported some human rights causes and ignored others
- Olympics brought many smiles — and a little bit of rancour
- Harish Gupta case involves questions about the very nature of governmental decision-making
- Tension between the executive and judiciary could play out in creative, or destructive, ways