CBI arrests FCI manager for taking bribe
- Target Uttar Pradesh: Modi goes to Varanasi, Rajnath to Lucknow
- TRS rules out alliance with Cong in LS, assembly polls
- SC stays death penalty of two Delhi gang-rape convicts till March 31
- AICC spokesman lashes out against PM's silence and negative publicity
- Court imposes fine of Rs 2,500 each on Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia
The CBI on Wednesday arrested the commercial manager of Food Corporation of India (FCI) for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 92,000 at his office in Kanpur. A CBI official said Sidhartha Shekhar Gautam had allegedly demanded the bribe from Rameshwar Lal, the manager of M/S RB Kisan Kendra Pvt Ltd in Kanpur. An official said the accused will be produced before a CBI court in Lucknow on Thursday .
Lucknow Mahotsav extended till December 9
Lucknow: The ongoing Lucknow Mahotsav has been extended for three days till December 9. Governor B L Joshi will be the chief guest at the concluding ceremony. District Magistrate Anurag Yadav said the mahotsav had been extended following demands of visitors. Cultural programmes will also take place on the extended days.
Awadhpal son, 4 aides booked in murder case
Etah: The son of a former Uttar Pradesh minister and his four accomplices have been booked for killing a 40-year-old man in Lalpur Gadhi village of the district. Ranjit Yadav, son of former minister Awadhpal Singh, and four others were booked on a complaint filed at Jaithra police station by Surajpal, who accused them of killing his relative Sonepal last Tuesday over a dispute, the police said. The complainant alleged that Sonepal was crushed to death by a tractor driven by one of the accused.
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for ‘irresponsible’ media remark, says it is a sign of ‘weakness’
- Trouble in alliance with Congress, TRS turns to BJP
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy