CBI arrests FCI manager for taking bribe
- Navjot Sidhu: Quit RS because I was told to stay away from Punjab
- Chinkara poaching case: Salman Khan acquitted by Rajasthan High Court
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya on bank plea seeking contempt proceedings
- Journalists' visa issue: Chinese media warns India of repercussions
- Parliament LIVE: Speaker Mahajan advises Mann not to attend proceedings till decision arrived at
The CBI on Wednesday arrested the commercial manager of Food Corporation of India (FCI) for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 92,000 at his office in Kanpur. A CBI official said Sidhartha Shekhar Gautam had allegedly demanded the bribe from Rameshwar Lal, the manager of M/S RB Kisan Kendra Pvt Ltd in Kanpur. An official said the accused will be produced before a CBI court in Lucknow on Thursday .
Lucknow Mahotsav extended till December 9
Lucknow: The ongoing Lucknow Mahotsav has been extended for three days till December 9. Governor B L Joshi will be the chief guest at the concluding ceremony. District Magistrate Anurag Yadav said the mahotsav had been extended following demands of visitors. Cultural programmes will also take place on the extended days.
Awadhpal son, 4 aides booked in murder case
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food
- Turkey’s coup reveals the fragile relationship between Islam and democracy
- The Sangh Parivar has furthered the colonial understanding of India’s past
- Better state support and supportive social environment can help independent filmmakers
- Next Door Nepal: Chinese checkers
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi