CBI arrests three with fake currency notes
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
A CBI team from Delhi on Wednesday arrested three persons, including two women, allegedly carrying fake Indian currency notes, with face value of Rs 8.49 lakh, at Charbagh railway station in Lucknow.
The accused, Gulshan Jahan and Mohammad Rashid of Rampur district and another woman Imran of Moradabad district, were caught from a train.
The trio had allegedly collected the notes from Malda in West Bengal and had to deliver the consignment at Rampur, confirmed CBI sources. The CBI earlier had arrested a member of the same gang from Lucknow railway station in May carrying the fake notes.