CBI arrests three with fake currency notes
- Farmer’s suicide: Family lashes out at AAP, raises doubt on suicide note
- Human resource India's biggest strength: PM Modi
- Sena-BJP sweep Aurangabad civic polls, AIMIM ahead of Cong, NCP
- Call records may nail red sandalwood killings; NHRC seeks records of personnel involved
- Amit Shah rips Rahul Gandhi for 'post-leave' noises
A CBI team from Delhi on Wednesday arrested three persons, including two women, allegedly carrying fake Indian currency notes, with face value of Rs 8.49 lakh, at Charbagh railway station in Lucknow.
The accused, Gulshan Jahan and Mohammad Rashid of Rampur district and another woman Imran of Moradabad district, were caught from a train.
The trio had allegedly collected the notes from Malda in West Bengal and had to deliver the consignment at Rampur, confirmed CBI sources. The CBI earlier had arrested a member of the same gang from Lucknow railway station in May carrying the fake notes.