CBI arrests three with fake currency notes
- Janata Parivar Wedding: PM Narendra Modi 'showstopper' at Saifai
- Sena defends Modi suit auction, says see what amount Rahul's wardrobe would fetch
- The net widens: Top executives from five firms, two consultants arrested
- After Manjhi anti-climax, Nitish begins second act: ‘With folded hands, sorry’
- Congress yet to apologise for coal loss, says PM Narendra Modi
A CBI team from Delhi on Wednesday arrested three persons, including two women, allegedly carrying fake Indian currency notes, with face value of Rs 8.49 lakh, at Charbagh railway station in Lucknow.
The accused, Gulshan Jahan and Mohammad Rashid of Rampur district and another woman Imran of Moradabad district, were caught from a train.
The trio had allegedly collected the notes from Malda in West Bengal and had to deliver the consignment at Rampur, confirmed CBI sources. The CBI earlier had arrested a member of the same gang from Lucknow railway station in May carrying the fake notes.