CBI asks SC to lift stay on Shah case
- GST Bill in Rajya Sabha this week, Jaitley to discuss amendments with state finance ministers
- Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio 2016 Olympics participation under threat
- AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan arrested for threatening a woman
- Kin of missing AN-32 passengers, crew: Across the country, they wait for word, hoping and praying
- Kashmir unrest: Of 317 with pellet injuries in action by CRPF, over 50% have been hit in eye
The CBI on Tuesday asked the Supreme Court to lift the stay on criminal proceedings against former Gujarat minister Amit Shah in the Tulsiram Prajapati fake encounter case.
Stating that the entire proceedings have come to a halt due to the court's order, the CBI also sought to justify filing two separate FIRs for investigation into the Prajapati and Sohrabuddin Sheikh encounter cases. The court, however, refused to vacate the stay and said it would want to decide the matter after hearing the parties finally.
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food
- Turkey’s coup reveals the fragile relationship between Islam and democracy
- The Sangh Parivar has furthered the colonial understanding of India’s past
- Better state support and supportive social environment can help independent filmmakers
- Next Door Nepal: Chinese checkers
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi