CBI memo says probe into Jagan assets case complete
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The CBI filed a memo in the court of the principal special judge for CBI cases that it has completed investigation in the Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy case.
The Andhra Pradesh (HC) High Court had ordered the probe on August 10, 2011, based on writ petitions filed by former Congress minister for textiles P Shankar Rao and Telugu Desam Party leaders.
The petitions alleged Jagan Mohan used the office of his chief minister-father the late Y S Rajasekhara Reddy between 2004 and 2009 to further his business interests and those who invested in companies owned and promoted by him did so for favours granted by his father. The memo filed by CBI SP V Chandrasekhar sta-tes that the agency filed 10 cha-rgesheets pertaining to matters where different and distinct offences were committed.
The chargesheets were filed against Hetero Drugs and Aurobindo Group, Jagan Mohan, Ramky Pharma City, Vadarevu and Nizampatnam Port and Industrial Corridor, Dalmia Cements, India Cements, Penna Cements, Raghuram Cements, Indu Techzone and Lepakshi Knowledge Hub.
The CBI said a final report on the investigation into favours granted by AP Housing Board to Shyam Prasad Reddy, promoter of Indu Projects, would be filed soon.
It said no quid pro quo deals could be established in respect of Sandur Power Company, Carmel Asia Holdings, PVP Business Ventures, Jubilee Media Communications, Classic Reality and Brahmani Infratech, Global Enterprises, Saraswati Power and Industries and Mantri Developers.
However, the CBI stated, "overt acts, irregularities and violations were committed by these firms which come under the purview of the Enforcement Directorate, Income-Tax and Registrar of Companies and Government of Andhra Pradesh, and they have been referred to the departments concerned''.
- LIVE: Arvind Kejriwal targets Reliance Industries
- Sonia named Chairperson of Congress Campaign panel for LS polls, Rahul ViceÂ Chairman
- My heart bleeds to see what is happening in the House: ManmohanÂ Singh
- US free to interact with Modi, but must apply standards consistent with its policy on human rights:Â Khurshid