CBI names Kushwaha in NRHM chargesheets
- AAP battles Modi in Delhi, Congress missing
- First time, Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, calls her change ânakliâ
- Third phase of LS polls ends: High turnout in 91 seats; Chandigarh tops with 74 per cent
- Riot victims fight fear to vote, get glimpse of home
- Narendra Modi mentioned wife in poll affidavit after SC order on full disclosure
The CBI has filed chargesheets in two cases related to the National Rural Health Mission scam against former Uttar Pradesh minister Babu Singh Kushwaha and former secretary Pradeep Shukla at a special court here.
After nearly year-long investigations, CBI filed the chargesheet against Kushwaha, Shukla and some officials of Processing & Construction Cooperative Federation Ltd for allegedly causing a loss of Rs 16.93 crore to the exchequer in upgrading 89 district hospitals under NRHM.
It alleged that Shukla and Kushwaha entered into criminal conspiracy with other officials of the health department, PACCFED, an MLA and businessman Saurabh Jain for awarding contracts relating to installation of modular OTs and AC units in 44 hospitals on the basis of forged documents in return for hefty commission.
- Srinath wins title but Deshpande steals show
- Ambala Lok Sabha constituency: 65.15 pc vote in Panchkula district
- ‘No smoking’ signages to dot polling booths
- City breaks electoral record as 74 pc turn out to vote
- BJP campaign in Varanasi starts April 12 — without Modi
- Cong spending Rs 50 cr on each constituency: Kumaraswamy