CBI names Kushwaha in NRHM chargesheets
- Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi taken for questioning over clashes with BJP
- I am more qualified for PM post than Narendra Modi: Nitish Kumar
- Doctors in UP call off strike after Allahabad HC's intervention
- Ukraine crisis: Crimea sets referendum on whether to join Russia
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
The CBI has filed chargesheets in two cases related to the National Rural Health Mission scam against former Uttar Pradesh minister Babu Singh Kushwaha and former secretary Pradeep Shukla at a special court here.
After nearly year-long investigations, CBI filed the chargesheet against Kushwaha, Shukla and some officials of Processing & Construction Cooperative Federation Ltd for allegedly causing a loss of Rs 16.93 crore to the exchequer in upgrading 89 district hospitals under NRHM.
It alleged that Shukla and Kushwaha entered into criminal conspiracy with other officials of the health department, PACCFED, an MLA and businessman Saurabh Jain for awarding contracts relating to installation of modular OTs and AC units in 44 hospitals on the basis of forged documents in return for hefty commission.