CBI officer probing 2G scam dies
CBI official Suresh Kumar Palsania, who investigated the 2G spectrum scam, died here late on Wednesday night. A 1996 batch IPS officer from the Orissa cadre, Palsania was suffering from lukaemia and was admitted to a hospital in Saket in New Delhi. He was the chief investigating officer who steered the investigations into the telecommunications scam, which led to the arrest of high-profile politicians and bureaucrats, including former Telecom Minister A Raja.
Hailing from Rajasthan, Palsania was an engineering graduate and was posted as Deputy Inspector General with the CBI. He was a recipient of this year's Police Medal for meritorious service announced on Republic Day.
- Main accused in hawala racket has underworld links: Police
- Sindhu, Kashyap advance, Srikanth exits early at Asian C’ships
- Adhiban recovers, stays in lead
- 1 jumps to death as fire breaks out in Surat 10-storey building
- Barcelona gets temporary relief as FIFA freezes transfer ban
- Moyes thanks Ferguson, stays mum on players