CBI organises essay writing contest on golden jubilee
- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Modi
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
- April 16 campaign roundup: Narendra Modi in firing line of Gandhis
- N Srinivasan faces serious charges, canât return until probe: Supreme Court
- Kolkata Knight Riders seal opener in comprehensive fashion
Commemorating 50 years of its existence, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) organised an essay writing competition in Panjab University (PU) on Wednesday.
A total of 180 students from a number of colleges across the region participated in the competition where the students were asked to write an essay on 'Role of CBI in fighting crime and corruption'. Students from Class XI to post-graduate students were eligible to take part in the contest.
"CBI is organising such competitions all over the country since January as part of its Golden Jubilee celebrations. It was organised to know the views of the younger generation about how the country can deal with corruption," said M K Tiwari, Additional Superintendent of Police.
Appreciating the enthusiastic response, Tiwari added, "Students had come from far off places like Moga, Hoshiarpur, Ferozepur, Faridkot to participate in the competition."
While a prize money of Rs 6,000 and a trophy will be given to the winner, an amount of Rs 4,000 and Rs 2,000 will be awarded to the first and second runners up respectively.