CBI organises essay writing contest on golden jubilee
- We condemn the flogging of Dalit men in Gujarat, says Rajnath Singh
- India cannot suppress voice of Kashmiris, should hold plebiscite: Nawaz Sharif
- Hockey legend Mohammed Shahid passes away
- Ambiguity on Navjot Singh Sidhu's status in BJP as no official word on resignation from party
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt to examine pay parity between IAS, non-IAS officers
Commemorating 50 years of its existence, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) organised an essay writing competition in Panjab University (PU) on Wednesday.
A total of 180 students from a number of colleges across the region participated in the competition where the students were asked to write an essay on 'Role of CBI in fighting crime and corruption'. Students from Class XI to post-graduate students were eligible to take part in the contest.
"CBI is organising such competitions all over the country since January as part of its Golden Jubilee celebrations. It was organised to know the views of the younger generation about how the country can deal with corruption," said M K Tiwari, Additional Superintendent of Police.
Appreciating the enthusiastic response, Tiwari added, "Students had come from far off places like Moga, Hoshiarpur, Ferozepur, Faridkot to participate in the competition."
While a prize money of Rs 6,000 and a trophy will be given to the winner, an amount of Rs 4,000 and Rs 2,000 will be awarded to the first and second runners up respectively.
- UN faces a crisis, but its new secretary general is unlikely to upset tradition
- South China Sea verdict has changed the ground rules for future engagement with China
- Empowering women through JAM
- Resolution of citizen grievances is an indicator of the performance of government departments
- Telescope: Grace and the lack of it
- The endeavour for a common civil law must be to end discrimination, and not stamp majority might