CBI quizzes senior Essar Group official
- Breaking: Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Thursday examined a senior executive of Essar group in connection with the purchase of Nava Bharat Power Private Limited which had acquired coal blocks by alleged misrepresentation of facts.
Sources said Sudip Rungta, executive director (Investments) in the Essar group, was questioned at length about the purchase of stake in Nava Bharat Power which has been booked by the agency for alleged cheating and criminal conspiracy.