CBI quizzes senior Essar Group official
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Thursday examined a senior executive of Essar group in connection with the purchase of Nava Bharat Power Private Limited which had acquired coal blocks by alleged misrepresentation of facts.
Sources said Sudip Rungta, executive director (Investments) in the Essar group, was questioned at length about the purchase of stake in Nava Bharat Power which has been booked by the agency for alleged cheating and criminal conspiracy.