CBI quizzes senior Essar Group official
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Thursday examined a senior executive of Essar group in connection with the purchase of Nava Bharat Power Private Limited which had acquired coal blocks by alleged misrepresentation of facts.
Sources said Sudip Rungta, executive director (Investments) in the Essar group, was questioned at length about the purchase of stake in Nava Bharat Power which has been booked by the agency for alleged cheating and criminal conspiracy.