CBI raids top railway official
- Fake degree row: Jitender Singh Tomar passing law examination confirmed, say officials
- 25 electrocuted, 30 injured after high tension wire falls on bus in Rajasthan
- ISIS, Pak flags waved in Srinagar, police registers FIR
- Bombay HC refuses to grant relief to Nestle, ban on Maggi to continue
- Delhi: Power tariff hiked by up to 6 per cent, to come into effect from Monday
A CBI team from Bhopal and Gandhinagar raided the residence and office of Divisional Railway Manager (DRM) of Western Railway, Ahmedabad Division, Saturday morning in connection with a disproportionate assets case.
CBI officials in Gandhinagar said they were only assisting their Bhopal counterparts who are investigating the case against DRM Rakesh Bahal.
Bahal was posted in Bhopal before he was transferred to Ahmedabad in April 2011. CBI sources said Bahal's residence at Shahibaug in Ahmedabad was raided along with his office in Asarwa.
Sources said CBI had seized several bank accounts and documents which were being scrutnised.