CBI raids top railway official
- Centre moves Supreme Court against HC order on President's Rule in Uttarakhand
- Arunachal Pradesh: 16 people killed in Tawang landslide
- ‘Falsehood’ and ‘irrelevant’: How Centre’s case collapsed in Uttarakhand High Court
- South Kashmir hears echo from Dadri Killing to Bharat Mata ki Jai
- Record 35% jump pushes 60-plus population to an all-time high
A CBI team from Bhopal and Gandhinagar raided the residence and office of Divisional Railway Manager (DRM) of Western Railway, Ahmedabad Division, Saturday morning in connection with a disproportionate assets case.
CBI officials in Gandhinagar said they were only assisting their Bhopal counterparts who are investigating the case against DRM Rakesh Bahal.
Bahal was posted in Bhopal before he was transferred to Ahmedabad in April 2011. CBI sources said Bahal's residence at Shahibaug in Ahmedabad was raided along with his office in Asarwa.
- In Tihar, more the murders, the greater your status; greater the loot, the bigger the status
- Donald Trump is not a uniquely American phenomenon, America is only catching up
- Deoband seminary is wrong. Muslims can and should chant ‘Bharat Mata ki Jai’
- Mercedes hit-and-run case shows the need to take road safety bill out of cold storage
- Arbitrarily invalidating private contracts, as with Bt cottonseed royalties, will dissuade investors
- When Ambedkar was framing the Constitution, RSS reviled both him as well as his ideas