CBI raids top railway official
- No permission for Gujarat roadshow: Arvind Kejriwal released after brief detention
- RJD, Congress agree on seat-sharing deal for Bihar
- Supreme Court takes suo motu cognisance of ink attack on Subrata Roy
- Rahul slams BJP, says party wants to vest power in one person
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
A CBI team from Bhopal and Gandhinagar raided the residence and office of Divisional Railway Manager (DRM) of Western Railway, Ahmedabad Division, Saturday morning in connection with a disproportionate assets case.
CBI officials in Gandhinagar said they were only assisting their Bhopal counterparts who are investigating the case against DRM Rakesh Bahal.
Bahal was posted in Bhopal before he was transferred to Ahmedabad in April 2011. CBI sources said Bahal's residence at Shahibaug in Ahmedabad was raided along with his office in Asarwa.
Sources said CBI had seized several bank accounts and documents which were being scrutnised.