CBI records witness’s statement
- Maoists kill at least 7 poll officials, seven others in twin attack in Chhattisgarh
- World doesn't trust Modi, says Congress citing British newspaper
- FIR against SP leader Azam Khan over 'Kargil won by Muslim soldiers' remark
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Manmohan Singh didnât put wifeâs name in Rajya Sabha affidavit, says BJP
The CBI recorded statements of one of the witnesses of PGI's MD/MS examination scam in the court of a local magistrate on Monday.
As per CBI sources, Kishna Reddy was one of the supporting team members of the alleged kingpin Gurivi Reddy. Krishna was nabbed from a hotel on November 10. One of the sources confirmed that Krishna was not arrested on the day of the examination, when the dummy candidates and the other accused were arrested.
Krishna's statement was recorded as a witness under section 164 of the Code of Criminal Procedure. As per the code, a witness is made to record the statement in the presence of a magistrate, which can be later used by the investigating agency at the time of court proceedings. Krishna has recorded the statement with a local court as a witness to the CBI. Mahesh Aggarwal, the Deputy Inspector General , CBI, said, "The statement that has been recorded is part of the investigation that we have to follow".
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit