CBI registers PE to probe alleged recruitment scam in CWG OC
- Vyapam scam: MP government agrees to get journalist's viscera tested at AIIMS in Delhi
- Opinion polls show 'No' votes ahead in Greek bailout referendum
- Pakistan violates ceasefire again in Kashmir, BSF gives befitting reply
- Will do everything possible to make India innovation hub: PM Narendra Modi
- Jabalpur Medical College Dean with links to Vyapam accused found dead
The CBI today registered a Preliminary Enquiry to probe alleged irregularities in the appointment of officials in the Commonwealth Games Organising Committee with hefty pay packages.
CBI sources said that the PE was lodged against unknown persons in the Games organising body after it received several complaints and references from the Central Vigilance Commission claiming violation of norms in the appointments. They said the complainants alleged involvement of sacked OC Chairman Suresh Kalmadi, who is at present in judicial custody, and his close aides for irregularities in the recruitment process. In its PE, the CBI has alleged that during the period of 2003 to 2009, some persons were nominated to the OC who had no expertise for various jobs. The sources said that during the probe, CBI will be going into all the appointments of senior officials in the OC.
The Games organising body had an overall strength of about 2,100 officials engaged for various duties related to the mega sporting event. At present, there are about 100 officials on the rolls.The CVC has also conducted an enquiry into the alleged recruitment scam following complaints that it showed ghost employees on its muster rolls and violated norms while inducting people. The High Level Shunglu Committee had also found alleged irregularities in the recruitment procedures followed by certain OC officials.