CBI seeks 2 more months to complete probe
- Missing Malaysian jetliner: Plane's disappearance deliberate, says Malaysian PM
- Eyes on UP prize, Narendra Modi set for Varanasi
- Arrest warrant issued against Devyani Khobragade in US visa fraud case
- Unfazed, Arvind Kejriwal fires yet another salvo at media
- CRPF says police stalled its plan, may have averted Maoist ambush
The CBI on Monday asked the Allahabad High Court for a time of two more months to complete the investigation into the murders of CMOs Dr VK Arya and Dr BP Singh.
In an affidavit, the agency has informed the court that the electronic data provided by UP STF and the Lucknow Police was being analysed and it required time till March 31 to conclude the investigation. The agency has sent letters to UP STF and the Lucknow Police if they have any more details related to the murder cases.
The bench comprising Justices Imtiyaz Murtaza and Ashok Pal Singh fixed January 29 for hearing on the request of the CBI seeking more time and also directed the government to file a reply regarding the letters sent by CBI to state agencies, said advocate Prince Lenin, who is also a petitioner in the PIL on which the court had ordered CBI probe in the CMOs' murders in 2011.
CBI sources said that they have been analysing the recorded conversation of the accused and the suspects collected during investigation into the cases by UP STF and Lucknow police. The electronic data was received from the two agencies in September last year and they have been getting the data verified by Delhi-based Central Forensic Science Laboratory and other experts.
Since the process is time-consuming and they have to act upon the findings of the experts, they expect to reach a conclusion in the murder cases by the end of March, sources said.
The verification of call details of the accused and the suspects have already been completed, but the process of verifying the voices in the telephonic conversation is going on, an official said.
Lenin said he had filed an application before the court, requesting to transfer the investigation into the murder cases to UP STF or Lucknow police, as the CBI was delaying the probe. The CBI had not made any development in the investigation since they began the probe in August, 2011.
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for ‘irresponsible’ media remark, says it is a sign of ‘weakness’
- Trouble in alliance with Congress, TRS turns to BJP
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy