CBI to get custody of 2 accused today
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
The CBI will get the custody of two accused arrested in the murder case of Nanhe Yadav, pradhan of Balipur village in Pratapgarh district, on Wednesday. On Tuesday, Special Judicial Magistrate Mirza Zeenat sent the accused to police remand from 10 am on March 13 to 4 pm on March 18.
The accused are Sanjay Pratap Singh alias Guddu Singh and his brother Rajiv Pratap Singh alias Raju Singh.
The agency, which is investigating the murders of DSP Ziaul Haque, Nanhe Yadav and his brother Suresh Yadav, had sought 14 days police remand on various grounds, including that they needed to recover the weapon of offence, unearth the entire gamum of the criminal conspiracy behind the murder, ascertain the sequence of events leading to the murder, possible hide-outs of the remaining accused persons and to know the details of other accused persons involved in the crime.
In the morning, both accused were brought from Pratapgarh jail and produced in court. Their friends and relatives were also present in the court. Both accused claimed to have been falsely implicated in the case.
Their cousin Ujjwal Singh said: "They have no involvement in the crime. Guddu was in Lucknow when the incident took place and Rajiv was at his house in Pratapgarh".
Guddu got information about the pradhan's murder soon after the incident from his brother Ajay Singh who runs a medicine shop at Balipur village, Ujjwal said.
On March 2 evening, Nanhe Yadav was shot dead near his house in Pratapgarh. His death sparked a chain of events which led to the killing of his younger brother Suresh Yadav and DSP Ziaul Haque. Initially the local police investigated the case and arrested Guddu Singh and Rajiv Pratap Singh on March 4. Later, on March 8, the CBI took over the investigation after the UP government recommended for it.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress