CBI to get custody of 2 accused today
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR field, Southee makes his IPL debut against CSK
The CBI will get the custody of two accused arrested in the murder case of Nanhe Yadav, pradhan of Balipur village in Pratapgarh district, on Wednesday. On Tuesday, Special Judicial Magistrate Mirza Zeenat sent the accused to police remand from 10 am on March 13 to 4 pm on March 18.
The accused are Sanjay Pratap Singh alias Guddu Singh and his brother Rajiv Pratap Singh alias Raju Singh.
The agency, which is investigating the murders of DSP Ziaul Haque, Nanhe Yadav and his brother Suresh Yadav, had sought 14 days police remand on various grounds, including that they needed to recover the weapon of offence, unearth the entire gamum of the criminal conspiracy behind the murder, ascertain the sequence of events leading to the murder, possible hide-outs of the remaining accused persons and to know the details of other accused persons involved in the crime.
In the morning, both accused were brought from Pratapgarh jail and produced in court. Their friends and relatives were also present in the court. Both accused claimed to have been falsely implicated in the case.
Their cousin Ujjwal Singh said: "They have no involvement in the crime. Guddu was in Lucknow when the incident took place and Rajiv was at his house in Pratapgarh".
Guddu got information about the pradhan's murder soon after the incident from his brother Ajay Singh who runs a medicine shop at Balipur village, Ujjwal said.
On March 2 evening, Nanhe Yadav was shot dead near his house in Pratapgarh. His death sparked a chain of events which led to the killing of his younger brother Suresh Yadav and DSP Ziaul Haque. Initially the local police investigated the case and arrested Guddu Singh and Rajiv Pratap Singh on March 4. Later, on March 8, the CBI took over the investigation after the UP government recommended for it.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'