CBSE Class 10 results for 2013 declared, girls once again outshine boys
- Sahara chief Subrata Roy arrested in Lucknow, says he was not absconding
- Chhattisgarh: Six policemen killed in Naxal ambush
- Govt hikes DA by 10% for 80 lakh employees & pensioners
- In countdown to polls, UPA govt pushes for dozen cabinet proposals to beat model code of conduct
- Tarun Tejpal among three booked for possession of phones inside Goa jail
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Thursday declared the Class 10 results, which recorded a pass percentage of 98.76, a marginal increase over last year.
Girls once again outshone boys in the results. The pass percentage of girls stood at 98.94 per cent as compared to 98.64 per cent of boys.
According to a CBSE statement, the pass percentage in Chennai region at 99.80 was the highest in the country. The results in that region were declared on May 26.
In total, 1,25,7893 candidates were registered for Class X examination this year, an increase of about 6.67 per cent over last year. CBSE Class X results are reflected in grades.
According to the new scheme of examination introduced a couple of years back, there was no board examination for students studying in schools affiliated to the board and those who do not wish to move out of the CBSE system after Class X.
Students under this scheme are put through the school based 'continuous and comprehensive evaluation' programme.
However, those who intend to move out of the CBSE system are required to take the board examination.
This year in all 5,03,602 appeared for the board examination, of whom 4,98,735 (99.03 per cent) passed. On the other hand, 7,43,553 appeared in the school-based examination, of whom 7,40,261 (99.56 per cent) qualified.
According to the CBSE release, students who appeared for school based examination would apply for verification of grades to the schools only and schools would verify their answer book and communicate the result.
Forms for verification of grades of those who appeared in the board based examination will also be available on the board's website www.cbse.nic.in
Photocopies of the evaluated answer books will be provided to the candidates requesting for the same. The applications will be accepted by the board from 31st day of the declaration of the result on the net. Detailed modalities will be hosted on the website shortly, the release said.
- Love and thereabouts
- Youth Akali Dal leaders open fire in front of Akali leader’s home, 3 hurt
- Raarewala market: Shopkeepers threaten LS election boycott; Ayali, mayor swing into action
- Techie murder: 2 months on, cops land in UP on wild goose chase, lens on taxi, auto drivers
- Deoband cleric declares support for Narendra Modi
- Row in British parliament complex over Narendra Modi’s past