CBSE Class 10 results for 2013 declared, girls once again outshine boys
- Manmohan Singh is India's "weakest PM": L K Advani
- 'Shahzada' and 'Matashree' are only concerned about being in power, says Modi; Sonia harps on secularism
- Supreme Court commutes death penalty of Devinderpal Singh Bhullar to life term
- Arun Jaitley rules out Modi's apology on 2002 Gujarat riots
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Manmohan Singh is India's "weakest PM", says Advani; Modi has 'deep flaws' in his character, says Chidambaram
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Thursday declared the Class 10 results, which recorded a pass percentage of 98.76, a marginal increase over last year.
Girls once again outshone boys in the results. The pass percentage of girls stood at 98.94 per cent as compared to 98.64 per cent of boys.
According to a CBSE statement, the pass percentage in Chennai region at 99.80 was the highest in the country. The results in that region were declared on May 26.
In total, 1,25,7893 candidates were registered for Class X examination this year, an increase of about 6.67 per cent over last year. CBSE Class X results are reflected in grades.
According to the new scheme of examination introduced a couple of years back, there was no board examination for students studying in schools affiliated to the board and those who do not wish to move out of the CBSE system after Class X.
Students under this scheme are put through the school based 'continuous and comprehensive evaluation' programme.
However, those who intend to move out of the CBSE system are required to take the board examination.
This year in all 5,03,602 appeared for the board examination, of whom 4,98,735 (99.03 per cent) passed. On the other hand, 7,43,553 appeared in the school-based examination, of whom 7,40,261 (99.56 per cent) qualified.
According to the CBSE release, students who appeared for school based examination would apply for verification of grades to the schools only and schools would verify their answer book and communicate the result.
Forms for verification of grades of those who appeared in the board based examination will also be available on the board's website www.cbse.nic.in
Photocopies of the evaluated answer books will be provided to the candidates requesting for the same. The applications will be accepted by the board from 31st day of the declaration of the result on the net. Detailed modalities will be hosted on the website shortly, the release said.
- Modi has “deep flaws” in his character: Chidambaram
- Nigerian uprising kills 1,500 in 2014: Amnesty
- Sonakshi tweets to campaign for father Shatrughan
- Mamata attacks BJP, reiterates TMC will play vital role in govt formation
- AAP nominee against Khurshid quits, claims corruption in party
- MP: Sushma Swaraj, Kamal Nath, Jyotiraditya Scindia among heavyweights in LS poll ring