CBSE Class 10 results for 2013 declared, girls once again outshine boys
- Elections 2014 Live: Sonia Gandhi, Arvind Kejriwal cast their votes in third phase of LS polls
- Modi tukde tukde kar dega... ladaa dega, says Rahul
- Congress not aggressive enough, says Sharad Pawar
- NSCN (IM) takes over Manipur booths, loads EVMs with votes
- Narendra Modi mentions wife Jashodaben in poll affidavit for first time
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Thursday declared the Class 10 results, which recorded a pass percentage of 98.76, a marginal increase over last year.
Girls once again outshone boys in the results. The pass percentage of girls stood at 98.94 per cent as compared to 98.64 per cent of boys.
According to a CBSE statement, the pass percentage in Chennai region at 99.80 was the highest in the country. The results in that region were declared on May 26.
In total, 1,25,7893 candidates were registered for Class X examination this year, an increase of about 6.67 per cent over last year. CBSE Class X results are reflected in grades.
According to the new scheme of examination introduced a couple of years back, there was no board examination for students studying in schools affiliated to the board and those who do not wish to move out of the CBSE system after Class X.
Students under this scheme are put through the school based 'continuous and comprehensive evaluation' programme.
However, those who intend to move out of the CBSE system are required to take the board examination.
This year in all 5,03,602 appeared for the board examination, of whom 4,98,735 (99.03 per cent) passed. On the other hand, 7,43,553 appeared in the school-based examination, of whom 7,40,261 (99.56 per cent) qualified.
According to the CBSE release, students who appeared for school based examination would apply for verification of grades to the schools only and schools would verify their answer book and communicate the result.
Forms for verification of grades of those who appeared in the board based examination will also be available on the board's website www.cbse.nic.in
Photocopies of the evaluated answer books will be provided to the candidates requesting for the same. The applications will be accepted by the board from 31st day of the declaration of the result on the net. Detailed modalities will be hosted on the website shortly, the release said.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi