CBSE to conduct pre-exam counselling from tomorrow
- Patel row: Army conducts flag march to restore peace; seven dead in violence
- I know the exact cause of Sheena's murder: Indrani's son Mikhail Bora
- 26/11 Mumbai attack: Pakistan FIA did not probe role of Hafiz Saeed and David Headley
- Two US television journalists shot dead during live show; gunman dies in hospital
- OROP: Ex-servicemen say govt short changing them, dismiss its proposal
With the examination season round the corner, the pre-exam counselling by CBSE will begin from tomorrow and continue till April 17.
About 66 principals and trained counsellors from CBSE- affiliated government and private schools besides a few psychologist will participate in tele-counselling and address exam-related psychological problems of the students.
Of them, 56 would be available in India while 10 would be located in Saudi Arabia, UAE, Nepal, Kuwait, Oman and Tokyo.
Students can dial a toll free number 1800118004 from any part of the country which will give centralised access to CBSE helpline.
While the general queries will be answered by the operators, students will be connected to the principals or counsellors in case of exam related anxiety or stress.
This is the 16th consecutive year that CBSE will provide psychological counselling services to students at the time of preparation as well as during the examinations to overcome exam related stress.
The counselling is an outreach programme of CBSE designed keeping the heterogeneity of students' population and geographical spread in mind.
Multiple modes of communication such as telephonic counselling, question answers columns in newspapers and online counselling through CBSE website are used to reach out to more and more examinees during this phase.
CBSE has also arranged to provide counselling to specially abled children to take care of the needs and anxiety of special children.