CBSE to offer Human Rights, Gender Studies course
- SC stays Teesta Setalvad's arrest till Friday
- Arvind Kejriwal meets PM Modi, raises issue of statehood
- We moved from politics of agitation to politics of hope, says Yogendra Yadav
- After Modi's rap, BJP workers shelve NaMo temple project in Rajkot
- Nitish parades his numbers, Bihar Governor calls Manjhi for floor test
The CBSE has decided to offer elective course on Human Rights and Gender Studies at higher secondary school level to increase awareness among students on the issues.
The elective course will be offered for class XI and XII at pilot stage for CBSE-affiliated schools in 2013-14 session and as a regular elective from 2014-15 session onwards, Minister of State for Human Resource Development Shashi Tharoor said while replying to a question in Rajya Sabha.
The National Curriculum Framework, 2005, prioritises gender as an important guiding principle in all curricular areas, he said.
Gender concerns have been integrated in the curriculum and in the textbooks at an appropriate level, Tharoor said.