CBSE to offer Human Rights, Gender Studies course
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Polling stops in Pune booth due to faulty EVMs
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- âWe gave instant justice, todayâs youth canât stand up for their mothersâ
The CBSE has decided to offer elective course on Human Rights and Gender Studies at higher secondary school level to increase awareness among students on the issues.
The elective course will be offered for class XI and XII at pilot stage for CBSE-affiliated schools in 2013-14 session and as a regular elective from 2014-15 session onwards, Minister of State for Human Resource Development Shashi Tharoor said while replying to a question in Rajya Sabha.
The National Curriculum Framework, 2005, prioritises gender as an important guiding principle in all curricular areas, he said.
Gender concerns have been integrated in the curriculum and in the textbooks at an appropriate level, Tharoor said.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18