CCI approves proposed merger of Dewan Housing Finance and its two arms
- Mad rush, chaos as Arvind Kejriwal takes local train to woo 'aam aadmi' in Mumbai
- SC defers hearing on Sahara's plea on releasing Subrata Roy
- Presidential delay in mercy petitions: SC won't reconsider verdict
- Lalu loyalist-turned rebel Ram Kripal Yadav joins BJP
- IAF aircraft on standby for missing Malaysian Airlines search ops
Fair trade regulator CCI has approved the merger of Dewan Housing Finance Corp's two arms -- DHFL Holdings and First Blue Home Finance -- with the parent company.
The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has said the combination is "not likely to have an appreciable adverse effect on competition in India".
Dewan Housing Finance Corporation (DHFL) and First Blue Home Finance are engaged in business of housing finance while DHFL Holdings Private Ltd (DHPL) is an investment firm.
In an order dated December 13, CCI noted that DHPL and First Blue are subsidiaries and "the control over the actitvities carried on by First Blue and DHPL, before the combination, is with DHFL and will continue to remain with DHFL after the proposed combination".
"In view of the foregoing, the proposed combination does not give rise to any adverse competition concerns in India," CCI noted.
DHFL indirectly holds 67.56 per cent in First Blue through its wholly-owned subsidiary DHPL.
Meanwhile, CCI has decided to initiate a "separate proceeding regarding imposition of penalty" under Competition Act since the three companies submitted notice seeking approval much late after their respective boards approved the deal.
The Board of Directors of each of the parties to combination cleared the combination scheme on September 28, 2011 but the notice for approval was submitted only on November 19, 2012.
- Rs 1.28 lakh looted at gunpoint
- Venkaiah Naidu sure of BJP crossing ‘magic figure’ in south India
- AAP candidates truly ‘aam aadmi’: Prithvi Reddy
- Bangalore fund-raiser: Dine with Arvind Kejriwal for Rs 20,000
- AAP sounds Gul Panag about Lok Sabha poll, father says decision soon
- The real high and low: Drunk cop creates ruckus in court, held