CCTV captures the kidnap of 3-year-old from Golden Temple
- Lalit Modi to P Chidambaram: My passport was cancelled illegally by you
- Delhi Police to file chargesheet against Arvind Kejriwal, 20 AAP MLAs
- IIT JEE (Advanced) 2015 results out, MP girl Satvat Jagwani tops exam
- CBI registers case against Shankersinh Vaghela in land scam case
- Congress guns for resignations of Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
In a shocking incident, a woman kidnapped a three-and-a-half-year-old boy sleeping by the side of his father on the parikrama (premises) of the Golden Temple, Amritsar, on Friday night, police said.
The family had come to the Golden Temple from Ferozepur and while the boy, Gurmilap Singh, and his father Manjit Singh, were sleeping in the parikrama, his mother had gone to perform sewa (service) at the shrine. Gurmilap was kidnapped at 12.30 am but it was only an hour later that the family came to know that he was missing and raised an alarm.
"The kidnapping was captured by CCTVs installed in the Parikrama. The CCTV footage shows an unidentified woman picking up Gurmilap and walking away, patting the sleeping child," IO Bhagwan Singh said, adding a case has been registered under Sections 363 and 365 of the IPC at 'E' division police station.
"From the CCTV footage, it appears the kidnapping is the handiwork of at least four persons, including two women" Bhagwan Singh said.
Later, Deputy Commissioner of Police, Amritsar, Kaustubh Sharma said video clips and images drawn from the CCTV footage have been flashed across police stations in the city.
"The clipping have been made available to PCR staff also," Sharma said, adding that the culprits will be nabbed soon.