CCTV captures the kidnap of 3-year-old from Golden Temple
- Arvind Kejriwal calls 'emergency' Assembly session to discuss Centre's notification on Lt Governor's role
- Celebrations in AIADMK camp as Jayalalithaa becomes Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- No full statehood rights to Delhi unless there is consensus, says Arun Jaitley
- Gujjar protest to continue as talks with Rajasthan govt fail
- Heat wave toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana reaches 223
In a shocking incident, a woman kidnapped a three-and-a-half-year-old boy sleeping by the side of his father on the parikrama (premises) of the Golden Temple, Amritsar, on Friday night, police said.
The family had come to the Golden Temple from Ferozepur and while the boy, Gurmilap Singh, and his father Manjit Singh, were sleeping in the parikrama, his mother had gone to perform sewa (service) at the shrine. Gurmilap was kidnapped at 12.30 am but it was only an hour later that the family came to know that he was missing and raised an alarm.
"The kidnapping was captured by CCTVs installed in the Parikrama. The CCTV footage shows an unidentified woman picking up Gurmilap and walking away, patting the sleeping child," IO Bhagwan Singh said, adding a case has been registered under Sections 363 and 365 of the IPC at 'E' division police station.
"From the CCTV footage, it appears the kidnapping is the handiwork of at least four persons, including two women" Bhagwan Singh said.
Later, Deputy Commissioner of Police, Amritsar, Kaustubh Sharma said video clips and images drawn from the CCTV footage have been flashed across police stations in the city.
"The clipping have been made available to PCR staff also," Sharma said, adding that the culprits will be nabbed soon.