CCTV captures the kidnap of 3-year-old from Golden Temple
- Parliament LIVE: Snooping on Rahul not right, says Congress; 'Asking for facts is not snooping'
- Waste paper to phone use: Govt revives checklist against leaks
- 14 booked for church vandalism in Haryana, cross replaced with Hanuman idol
- Pakistan: Protesters hit the streets after blasts near Lahore churches leave 15 dead
- No arrests in Bengal nun ‘rape’, church attack, local Christians nervous
In a shocking incident, a woman kidnapped a three-and-a-half-year-old boy sleeping by the side of his father on the parikrama (premises) of the Golden Temple, Amritsar, on Friday night, police said.
The family had come to the Golden Temple from Ferozepur and while the boy, Gurmilap Singh, and his father Manjit Singh, were sleeping in the parikrama, his mother had gone to perform sewa (service) at the shrine. Gurmilap was kidnapped at 12.30 am but it was only an hour later that the family came to know that he was missing and raised an alarm.
"The kidnapping was captured by CCTVs installed in the Parikrama. The CCTV footage shows an unidentified woman picking up Gurmilap and walking away, patting the sleeping child," IO Bhagwan Singh said, adding a case has been registered under Sections 363 and 365 of the IPC at 'E' division police station.
"From the CCTV footage, it appears the kidnapping is the handiwork of at least four persons, including two women" Bhagwan Singh said.
Later, Deputy Commissioner of Police, Amritsar, Kaustubh Sharma said video clips and images drawn from the CCTV footage have been flashed across police stations in the city.
"The clipping have been made available to PCR staff also," Sharma said, adding that the culprits will be nabbed soon.