CCTV captures the kidnap of 3-year-old from Golden Temple
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
In a shocking incident, a woman kidnapped a three-and-a-half-year-old boy sleeping by the side of his father on the parikrama (premises) of the Golden Temple, Amritsar, on Friday night, police said.
The family had come to the Golden Temple from Ferozepur and while the boy, Gurmilap Singh, and his father Manjit Singh, were sleeping in the parikrama, his mother had gone to perform sewa (service) at the shrine. Gurmilap was kidnapped at 12.30 am but it was only an hour later that the family came to know that he was missing and raised an alarm.
"The kidnapping was captured by CCTVs installed in the Parikrama. The CCTV footage shows an unidentified woman picking up Gurmilap and walking away, patting the sleeping child," IO Bhagwan Singh said, adding a case has been registered under Sections 363 and 365 of the IPC at 'E' division police station.
"From the CCTV footage, it appears the kidnapping is the handiwork of at least four persons, including two women" Bhagwan Singh said.
Later, Deputy Commissioner of Police, Amritsar, Kaustubh Sharma said video clips and images drawn from the CCTV footage have been flashed across police stations in the city.
"The clipping have been made available to PCR staff also," Sharma said, adding that the culprits will be nabbed soon.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties