CCTV reveals guard killed intruder in self-defence, set free
- WB election: Heavy violence reported in Basanti between TMC, RSP workers
- UPA must answer who received kickbacks in Agusta deal, says Manohar Parrikar
- Adarsh housing society scam: Demolition order a setback for Congress in Maharashtra
- Lenders begin auction of brand Kingfisher, trademarks
- Middleman Michel claims he signed nothing, records show he did — on ‘payoffs’
A Security guard at a Ghaziabad factory was saved from being booked for murder after footage from a CCTV camera revealed that he had killed an intruder in self-defence.
The incident occurred at a factory on Tuesday night, when three intruders allegedly tried to steal machinery and raw materials used for making stainless steel tanks for chemical storage. When the security guard, Lal Mann, asked them to surrender, they attacked him. "The guard fired in self defence, fatally wounding Dhan Singh, a resident of Bulandshahr," police said. However, his accomplices managed to flee.
Link Road police, who were informed about the incident, arrived on the scene and took Mann into custody. Suspecting that Mann may have been involved in the crime, they detained him at a police station for over 10 hours.
- India comes across as trying to compete with China by being China
- Why a book on India is seen to be unbuyable in Islamabad
- Why is the BJP pushing itself so aggressively to appropriate Ambedkar now
- The immortality of Don Quixote
- Patenting software is no more a part of Digital India than is patenting arithmetic
- India’s jobless growth is undermining its ability to reap the demographic dividend