CD showing Shibu Soren telling power sharing 'old': BJP
- PM in Paris: 'We must create a balance between economy and ecology'
- PM Modi meets Nawaz Sharif at UN climate summit in Paris
- Congress raises Dadri, Kalburgi killing in Lok Sabha; BJP hits back
- Petrol price cut by 58 paise per litre, diesel 25 paise
- India's economic growth accelerates to 7.4 per cent in July-September
BJP termed as "old" a CD showing JMM supremo Shibu Soren telling the media that the two parties had "agreed upon" sharing power 28 months each in the presence of Chief Minister Arjun Munda, Deputy Chief Minister Sudesh Mahto and senior BJP leader Karuna Shukla.
"The CD showing on TV channels is an old one and has nothing to do with the present government. There has never been any agreement on power sharing (during the formation of the Arjun Munda government on September 11, 2010)," BJP's state unit president Dineshanand Goswami said.
Some local TV channels are showing footage of the CD dated May 18, 2010 with Soren telling the media that the two parties had agreed upon to sharing power for 28 months each.
Soren, who was the chief minister then with the support of the BJP, was addressing the press after the BJP warned to pull out following Soren voting along with the UPA in a cut motion in the Lok Sabha on April 27, 2010.
Later, Soren retracted from his promise, leading to the withdrawal of support by the BJP on May 24. Soren quit the office on May 30 that year, leading to imposition of President's rule.
Both the allies once again came together on September 11, 2010 to form another coalition, this time under Munda.
- Under General Sharif, Pakistan army is carrying low-intensity war against diversity of opinion
- Framed at BJP’s Diwali milan: Selfie-Made Journalism
- Raja-Mandala: An important shift in India’s climate diplomacy
- My book tries to chronicle a difficult India-Pak peace process
- Ahead of the Paris summit, India has been again targeted as a spoiler
- Shunning coal not viable for India; World needs to come together to make it cleaner