CDS topper to be felicitated tomorrow
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Sampanna Kolhatkar (23) will be felicitated by Lt Gen (retd) Ramesh Kulkarni at a function to be held at Mahatma Phule Museum Hall in Shivaji Nagar
City youngster Sampanna Kolhatkar (23), who topped the All India Combined Defence Services (CDS) exam recently announced by the UPSC, will be felicitated by Lt Gen (retd) Ramesh Kulkarni at a function to be held at Mahatma Phule Museum Hall in Shivaji Nagar on Wednesday. Former director general of police Ashok Dhivare will preside over the function.
As many as 1,33,000 students had appeared for the CDS written exam in February this year. After clearing the written exam, candidates are called for the SSB interview. Following this a merit list of selected candidates - who qualify both written exam and interview - is declared. This time around, as many as 205 candidates have made it to the final merit list of Indian Military Academy (IMA).
These candidates will now receive joining instructions for one-and-a-half year training programme at Indian Military Academy (IMA) in Dehradun. On successful completion of training that will commence in the first week of January 2013 they will be commissioned as Lieutenants in the Indian Army.
Kolhatkar is a resident of Sadashiv Peth and has done his schooling from DES School, Tilak Road. His father Sanjay Kolhatkar is an electrical contractor and consultant in Pune and mother Kalpana Kolhatkar is a homemaker.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express