Celebrating 60 years
- Top General speaks on 2012 troop movement: "Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly"
- India slams Pakistan for allowing Masood Azhar to spew venom
- 15th Lok Sabha: Most disrupted session in history
- Telangana bill passage shows country can take difficult decisions: Prime Minister
- Arvind Kejriwal writes to Narendra Modi on gas pricing, targets Mukesh Ambani again
To commemorate 60 years of the Sawai Gandharva Bhimsen Mahotsav, the 'Arya Sangeet Prasarak Mandal' will be organising a variety of programs prior to the festival. After a program to unravel the traditions of the Kirana Gharana by Shriniwas Joshi in October, the organising committee organises 'Punjabatil Bhimseni Parakram', on November 11 at the Sawai Gandharva Smarak. The program will be an interactive session where Pt. Rajan Kulkarni and Shrinivas Joshi will unfold stories and interesting incidences about Pt Bhimsen's visits of to Punjab. A subsequent session will feature Pt Rajan's performance on a Sarod and Ramdas Palsule on Tabla.The program is open to all without any entry fee and the seating arrangement for the same would be on first come first serve basis.
Television actors Ram and Gautami Kapoor recently unveiled the new platinum jewellery range for the festive season at the Ranka Jewellers Showroom at Karve Road. The new platinum collection features a wide range of elegant platinum earrings, chain and pendant, love bands, rings and necklaces for women and charismatic chains, bracelets and love bands for men. "Being a woman, I am definitely very fond of jewellery. But the platinum necklace gifted to me by my husband is not just a piece of jewellery for me but is something that is symbolic of the extraordinary relationship that I share with my husband and defines who we are. It holds a very special place in my heart," says Gautami Kapoor.
Sharing the stage
For the first time in the city, Ustad Rashid Khan and Koushiki Chakravarty will be collaborating a grand concert. The maestros will be performing together on the stage at Ganesh Kala Krida Manch on November 10. Noted tabla player Pandit Suresh Talwalkar will be accompanying Ustad Rashid Khan as he enchants his audience with his melodious Indian Classical ragas. Satyajeet Talwalkar, talented tabla player who is the son of tabla legend Suresh Talwalkar and Padma Talwalkar and Milind Kulkarni, a young harmonium artist will accompany Koushiki Chakravarty on his performance. Pune based Sa' v 'Ni' Sur Sangeet are organising this event.
- What should common man expect when PM’s killers are freed: Rahul on Jayalalithaa’s decision
- Anna Hazare says, I support Mamata Banerjee for her ideas
- The regressive state | The Indian Express
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly