Celebrations mark first day of 2013 at PAU and MC
- My dream of winning a medal at Rio has been cruelly snatched away from me: Narsingh Yadav
- India draws clear red lines for Pakistan, 5-point agenda for talks
- Sidhu didn't put any pre-condition, he needs time to think: Arvind Kejriwal
- Getting better by the game, PV Sindhu goes for gold at Rio 2016 today
- Gopalganj hooch tragedy: 25 policemen suspended, six people arrested
A cup of tea with barfi (sweet) marked the New Year celebrations of the sarkari babus of Ludhiana Municipal Corporation and Punjab Agricultural University. While Mayor Harcharan Singh Gohalwaria personally visited all the four zonal offices of MC (A, B, C and D) and wished all the employees over a cup of tea and barfi, Punjab Agricultural University vice-chancellor Dr B S Dhillon convened a special meeting with all deans and directors to wish them Happy New Year.
"Employees were in a very light-hearted mood. It is for the first time that the mayor personally visited all the four offices and some clerks also sang and danced to brighten the celebrations on the mayor's arrival," said a source from Zone C office.
The mayor told Ludhiana Newsline, "I have advised all employees to work harder in 2013 and encouraged them to start work from first day of the year itself."
It was a complete working day for MC on Tuesday except that tehbazaari wing was given exemption from anti-encraochment drive by the mayor, said Naveen Malhotra, superintendent, tehbazaari wing.
PAU celebrations were marked with "discussions on success of golden jubilee celebrations and plans ahead in a special meeting called by Vice-chancellor".
- There are systemic flaws and vulnerabilities. But India is on the right path
- Wrestlers lose face, and perhaps an Olympic medal, and NADA its credibility
- In the I-Day speeches of PMs of India & Pak, blame-games that paper over hard realities
- Swarajya to su-rajya
- Instead of waiting for talent to appear, we must create a national sports culture
- We need to think creatively about the proposed defence university