Celebrities indeed becoming a soft target: Priyanka Chopra on SRK
- Malaysia signals missing plane carrying 239 including 5 Indians has crashed
- Internal battle in BJP out in open: M M Joshi seeks clarity on Varanasi seat
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Venkaiah Naidu
- Rest in freeze: Is Ashutosh Maharaj 40-day âclinically deadâ or a guru in a very long meditation?
Even as controversy raged over Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik asking India to provide security to superstar Shah Rukh Khan in the wake of his reported remarks, actress Priyanka Chopra feels that celebrities are becoming a "soft target".
"I believe people often use celebrities to advance their propagandas... Celebrities have become a soft target nowadays," Priyanka told reporters at an event where she unveiled the video of her single "In My City".
The actress was reacting to the controversy involving Shah Rukh Khan over his remarks, which he reportedly made in an interview, that "he has sometimes become the inadvertent object of political leaders who choose to make him a symbol of all that they think is wrong and unpatriotic about Muslims in India".
Shah Rukh's remarks prompted Malik to ask Indian government to provide security to the actor.
"Media should not get trapped in such situations and aim at telling the truth", she said.
To a query whether she would have encountered more controversies had her title being 'Khan', the visibly miffed actress retorted, saying "I think I get into controversies with 'Chopra' surname too. A big deal is being made out of nothing. You should be ashamed to even ask such a question in a country as secular as India".