Celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay in war of words with Oz PM
- NDA falls behind as campaign swings poll towards Nitish-Lalu: Lokniti CSDS pre-poll survey
- Govt hikes excise duty on petrol by Rs 1.6 per litre, diesel by 40 paisa
- Four Mi-25 attack helicopters for Afghanistan: India's bold move
- Pakistan is going to remain a problem for India: Western Army Commander
- Religious places of Muslims, Christians in Odisha should be under state regulating authority: RSS
He was once mistaken for the British PM Gordon Brown by Paris Hilton and now celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay has ended up in a political feud with the Australian PM Kevin Rudd.
The political leader called Ramsay a "low life" after the chef publicly called one of Australia's leading journalists, a lesbian pig, reported Mirror online.
Ramsay was at a food show in Melbourne when he called TV presenter Tracy Grimshaw "a lesbian" and then drew a picture of a woman with the face of a pig and remarked, "That's Grimshaw. Holy crap. She needs to see a Botox doctor."
The chef from Britain who became a celebrity with a string of successful reality shows, has outraged women's groups in Australia who have called for the chef to be kicked out of the country.
And now the country's Prime Minister has spoken out in Grimshaw's defence.
"All I could describe his remarks as reflecting is a new form of low-life. I just think that's off and offensive," said the leader.
- Welcome to Pakistan, Shah Rukh
- By declaring emergency, the Maldives has only shed its pretence of democracy
- The McKinsey report makes an economic case for gender parity. It’s problematic
- Why India must track China’s 13th five-year plan
- Ancient Roman wisdom 'centuriation' offers a solution to the European refugee crisis
- Congress is as afraid of coming clean as BJP is quick to exploit ambiguities on the issue