Celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay in war of words with Oz PM
- A father-daughter angle in latest IPL conflict of interest
- Modi govt clears projects but where are the orders?
- Markets lower expectations: Analysts re-rate mid-term forecast for stock market indices
- AAP rebels get the boot but it’s Ashish Khetan kicking and screaming
- Crew have ‘verbally’ admitted they are Pak nationals: Coast Guard
He was once mistaken for the British PM Gordon Brown by Paris Hilton and now celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay has ended up in a political feud with the Australian PM Kevin Rudd.
The political leader called Ramsay a "low life" after the chef publicly called one of Australia's leading journalists, a lesbian pig, reported Mirror online.
Ramsay was at a food show in Melbourne when he called TV presenter Tracy Grimshaw "a lesbian" and then drew a picture of a woman with the face of a pig and remarked, "That's Grimshaw. Holy crap. She needs to see a Botox doctor."
The chef from Britain who became a celebrity with a string of successful reality shows, has outraged women's groups in Australia who have called for the chef to be kicked out of the country.
And now the country's Prime Minister has spoken out in Grimshaw's defence.
"All I could describe his remarks as reflecting is a new form of low-life. I just think that's off and offensive," said the leader.