Celebrity deaths: The Conspiracy Theories around them!
- Top BJP ministers attend RSS meet, Opposition questions govt's accountability
- Bharat bandh: Violence, arrest, chaos; one-day strike a 'grand success'
- Indrani, Peter brought face to face, questioned extensively; Sanjeev Khanna's laptop seized
- OROP: Veterans soften stand, may accept pension revision once in two years
- Govt to auction 69 oil & gas fields of ONGC, Oil India to private firms
Conspiracy theories have often sprung up around the deaths of celebrities -- be it pop legend Michael Jackson, actor Marilyn Monroe, singer Elvis Presley or the former Beatle John Lennon.
In case of Jackson, who died of a cardiac arrest five days back, it took hours for the first conspiracy theories to start circulating. The most popular is that he faked his death to escape the media glare and impending bankruptcy – despite medical reports blaming an overdose of prescription drugs.
Well, Jackson's death was not the only one.
In 1962, actress Marilyn Monroe's death at her home in Los Angeles led to a number of conspiracy theories. An autopsy found a cocktail of drugs in her system and the county coroner recorded the cause of death as acute barbiturate poisoning by accidental overdose.