Central varsity to come up at Mahendergarh
- 9 ordinances, 4 for Rahul: UPA planning emergency laws days before polls are announced
- Willing to say sorry for any mistake, Rajnath Singh tells Muslims
- Top IM men have joined al-Qaeda, fighting in Af-Pak: NIA chargesheet
- Mishap occurs on board Indian Navy submarine INS Sindhuratna, 4 sailors unconscious
- 90,000 per seat: Young India could swing Elections 2014
Union Minister for Human Resource Development Arjun Singh will lay the foundation stone of a Central university at Jant-Pali village, Mahendergarh district, on February 25.
A spokesman of the higher education department said the state government will provide 500 acres free to set up this university.
The decision to set up the university in Mahendergarh district was taken with a view to address the problem of regional imbalance.
The proposed multi-faculty university would cater to the diverse needs of students. A medical college would also be set up in the complex, besides other academic institutions. The construction work on the complex will start soon and classes are expected to commence from the next academic session.
The Central government has also proposed to set up three medical colleges, one only for girls, and four research laboratories in Haryana.
There is a proposal to establish a new medical college for girls at Khanpur Kalan in Sonepat district and another medical college in Mewat district.
The Employees State Insurance Corporation has also sanctioned a medical college in Faridabad.