Central varsity to come up at Mahendergarh
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal targets BJP over attack on Bharti; Ilmi defends her 'communal Muslim' remark again
- Modi to Cong: Just 20 days more...Will take revenge
- SC to frame rules to snip govt ads
- Donât allow regional parties to contest LS polls: Chavan
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: Voting underway for 117 Lok Sabha seats; Mulayam, Anil Ambani among early voters
Union Minister for Human Resource Development Arjun Singh will lay the foundation stone of a Central university at Jant-Pali village, Mahendergarh district, on February 25.
A spokesman of the higher education department said the state government will provide 500 acres free to set up this university.
The decision to set up the university in Mahendergarh district was taken with a view to address the problem of regional imbalance.
The proposed multi-faculty university would cater to the diverse needs of students. A medical college would also be set up in the complex, besides other academic institutions. The construction work on the complex will start soon and classes are expected to commence from the next academic session.
The Central government has also proposed to set up three medical colleges, one only for girls, and four research laboratories in Haryana.
There is a proposal to establish a new medical college for girls at Khanpur Kalan in Sonepat district and another medical college in Mewat district.
The Employees State Insurance Corporation has also sanctioned a medical college in Faridabad.
- Main accused in hawala racket has underworld links: Police
- Sindhu, Kashyap advance, Srikanth exits early at Asian C’ships
- Adhiban recovers, stays in lead
- 1 jumps to death as fire breaks out in Surat 10-storey building
- Barcelona gets temporary relief as FIFA freezes transfer ban
- Moyes thanks Ferguson, stays mum on players