Central varsity to come up at Mahendergarh
- Congress has old habit of destabilising popular governments, says Rajnath
- Bihar: Ten CRPF commandos killed in Naxal IED blast
- OPINION | Shah Faesal writes: Between the studio and the street
- GOP for securing Pakistan nuclear arsenal; calls India its ally
- Arun Jaitley interview: Huge banking reforms underway, been able to strike consensus on GST Bill
Union Minister for Human Resource Development Arjun Singh will lay the foundation stone of a Central university at Jant-Pali village, Mahendergarh district, on February 25.
A spokesman of the higher education department said the state government will provide 500 acres free to set up this university.
The decision to set up the university in Mahendergarh district was taken with a view to address the problem of regional imbalance.
The proposed multi-faculty university would cater to the diverse needs of students. A medical college would also be set up in the complex, besides other academic institutions. The construction work on the complex will start soon and classes are expected to commence from the next academic session.
The Central government has also proposed to set up three medical colleges, one only for girls, and four research laboratories in Haryana.
There is a proposal to establish a new medical college for girls at Khanpur Kalan in Sonepat district and another medical college in Mewat district.
The Employees State Insurance Corporation has also sanctioned a medical college in Faridabad.
- The endeavour for a common civil law must be to end discrimination, and not stamp majority might
- A host of powerful open and programmable capabilities is set to create the ‘WhatsApp moment’ for Indian banking
- Local newspapers are often the only source of news during curfew and the record of state violence
- Navjot Sidhu’s revolt has complicated the Punjab pre-poll scene
- There is an urgent need for India to reclaim 'national interest' from its national media
- India's institutionalised monetary policy framework has to be taken to its logical conclusion