Centre and Assam accused of ignoring infiltration
- Dadri reminds us how PM Modi bears responsibility for the poison that is being spread
- Kill policemen, never commit suicide: Hardik tells Patel youth
- From Arvind Kejriwal to Rahul Gandhi: Who said what on Dadri lynching
- Forensic lab rules out drug overdose in Indrani Mukerjea case
- Bihar polls: After Nitish Kumar's remark, BJP promises free petrol for scooties
Both the UPA and Assam governments have ignored infiltration from Bangladesh, BJP state unit President Sarbananda Sonowal alleged today.
"The central and state governments have failed to evolve a coordinated policy to tackle the menace of illegal immigrants in Assam and also for effective border management," Sonowal told a party workers' meet here.
He accused Congress led governments of playing politics with the issue which, he said, had led to serious demographic distortion threatening the identity of the indigenous people of the state.
Sonowal expressed unhappiness with the unfinished barbed-wire fencing on the border and alleged that the state government¿s move to hand certain land in the state to Bangladesh, was to placate Bangladeshis.