Centre for Social Work, PU marks Youth Day
- BJP calls Rahul's take on Land Bill a 'white lie', wants him to apologise
- Presstitutes remark row: Modi says media ignoring V K Singh's good work in Yemen
- This govt is for the poor: PM Modi to BJP MPs
- 51 arrested for setting Puri-Barbil Express train coach on fire
- COAI roots for net neutrality, access to Internet for all
To mark celebrations of National Youth Day, the Centre for Social Work, University Institute of Emerging Areas of Social Sciences (UIEASS), Panjab University (PU) organised a special lecture on 'Youth and Development'. The lecture was delivered by Prof S L Sharma, former professor of Department of Sociology. He delivered the message of Swami Vivekananda of focusing on a journey into self-discovery. He emphasized that the message of Vivekananda was to search for truth as both science and religion aim for the truth. Prof Sharma expressed that today's youth need to recognize their abilities and identify their goals with conviction, determination and self discipline.