Centre for Social Work, PU marks Youth Day
- Sushma Swaraj rubbishes Pakistan's 4-point peace formula at UN
- US shooting: 15 dead, 20 wounded at Oregon community college; shooter detained
- Day after Dadri lynching, VP Ansari says state has to ensure right to life
- Delhi: Man shoots self at Rajiv Chowk Metro station
- BJP MP compares Modi with Gandhi, Cong says 'sycophancy at its worst'
To mark celebrations of National Youth Day, the Centre for Social Work, University Institute of Emerging Areas of Social Sciences (UIEASS), Panjab University (PU) organised a special lecture on 'Youth and Development'. The lecture was delivered by Prof S L Sharma, former professor of Department of Sociology. He delivered the message of Swami Vivekananda of focusing on a journey into self-discovery. He emphasized that the message of Vivekananda was to search for truth as both science and religion aim for the truth. Prof Sharma expressed that today's youth need to recognize their abilities and identify their goals with conviction, determination and self discipline.