Centre for Social Work, PU marks Youth Day
- One needs to be a good listener to become a good orator: PM Modi
- Migrant crisis: Father of drowned Syrian toddler returns to Kobani for burial
- IIT graduate who fled with Harley Davidson held in Mumbai
- Delhi HC allows permanent commission for women in Indian Navy
- Hindu group forces Muslim writer in Kerala to stop Ramayana column
To mark celebrations of National Youth Day, the Centre for Social Work, University Institute of Emerging Areas of Social Sciences (UIEASS), Panjab University (PU) organised a special lecture on 'Youth and Development'. The lecture was delivered by Prof S L Sharma, former professor of Department of Sociology. He delivered the message of Swami Vivekananda of focusing on a journey into self-discovery. He emphasized that the message of Vivekananda was to search for truth as both science and religion aim for the truth. Prof Sharma expressed that today's youth need to recognize their abilities and identify their goals with conviction, determination and self discipline.