Centre grants Rs 2 cr for students’ education tour
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
The Centre has released a grant of Rs 2 crore for educational tours of nearly one lakh Punjab government school students — of Class 9 and 10 — in the months of November and December. The grant was released by the Centre under Rashtriya Madhyamik Siksha Abhiyan (RAMSA) programme following which the Director General School Education (DGSE), Punjab, issued directions and funds to all the District Education Officers to organise such tours (between November 15 to December 15). The schools can plan such educational tours to Kapurthala Science city, Bathinda Thermal Plant, National Fertilisers company, Wagha Border, Golden Temple, Khalsa Heritage complex, Guru Damdama Sahib and to other such places, which could be informative for students.