Centre grants Rs 2 cr for students’ education tour
- Arvind Kejriwal calls 'emergency' Assembly session to discuss Centre's notification on Lt Governor's role
- Celebrations in AIADMK camp as Jayalalithaa becomes Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- No full statehood rights to Delhi unless there is consensus, says Arun Jaitley
- Gujjar protest to continue as talks with Rajasthan govt fail
- Heat wave toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana reaches 223
The Centre has released a grant of Rs 2 crore for educational tours of nearly one lakh Punjab government school students — of Class 9 and 10 — in the months of November and December. The grant was released by the Centre under Rashtriya Madhyamik Siksha Abhiyan (RAMSA) programme following which the Director General School Education (DGSE), Punjab, issued directions and funds to all the District Education Officers to organise such tours (between November 15 to December 15). The schools can plan such educational tours to Kapurthala Science city, Bathinda Thermal Plant, National Fertilisers company, Wagha Border, Golden Temple, Khalsa Heritage complex, Guru Damdama Sahib and to other such places, which could be informative for students.