Centre grants Rs 2 cr for students’ education tour
The Centre has released a grant of Rs 2 crore for educational tours of nearly one lakh Punjab government school students — of Class 9 and 10 — in the months of November and December. The grant was released by the Centre under Rashtriya Madhyamik Siksha Abhiyan (RAMSA) programme following which the Director General School Education (DGSE), Punjab, issued directions and funds to all the District Education Officers to organise such tours (between November 15 to December 15). The schools can plan such educational tours to Kapurthala Science city, Bathinda Thermal Plant, National Fertilisers company, Wagha Border, Golden Temple, Khalsa Heritage complex, Guru Damdama Sahib and to other such places, which could be informative for students.
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students
- Ecclestone rules out Indian GP in 2015
- Captain Vidic abandons sinking ship at Manchester United, to sign for Inter Milan