Centre grants Rs 2 cr for students’ education tour
- Sonia Gandhi attacks BJP ideology, says Country is at crossroads
- Rahul mocks Modi, says his Gujarat development model is a toffee model
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- Narendra Modi, party not separate, no infighting: BJP on Joshi's remarks
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi
The Centre has released a grant of Rs 2 crore for educational tours of nearly one lakh Punjab government school students — of Class 9 and 10 — in the months of November and December. The grant was released by the Centre under Rashtriya Madhyamik Siksha Abhiyan (RAMSA) programme following which the Director General School Education (DGSE), Punjab, issued directions and funds to all the District Education Officers to organise such tours (between November 15 to December 15). The schools can plan such educational tours to Kapurthala Science city, Bathinda Thermal Plant, National Fertilisers company, Wagha Border, Golden Temple, Khalsa Heritage complex, Guru Damdama Sahib and to other such places, which could be informative for students.
- US panel wary of Modi rise
- Return pharmacists to drug stores, end queues: Govt
- Minority panel works on logo, structure to include Jains
- Festival makes performers of Assam’s politicians
- Child’s death in 1997: Delhi High Court upholds 4-yr jail for quack
- Orissa ponzi scam surpasses that of Bengal by Rs 2,140 cr