CES 2014: Huawei sticks to extra-large with Ascent Mate2
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
After having given the world the first large phablet at the Consumer Electronics Show last year, Huawei has returned to Las Vegas with the Ascend Mate2 4G. This new phablet will have a 6.1-inch IPS screen, but will have a slim 9.5mm chassis that will fit in the palm of the hand.
The extra large 4050 mAh battery would be among the largest in smartphones. Plus, the device will be powered by a quad-core 1.6 GHz processor and will have a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. The Ascend Mate2 will come with Huawei's proprietary Emotion UI 2.0.
Huawei says the phone will feature power saving technology that improves performance by more than a third "compared to other smartphones in its class".
While the first Huawei Ascend Mate was launched in India in the middle of last year, it remains to be seen whether this phone will make it here as it is a 4G device.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express