CES 2014: Huawei sticks to extra-large with Ascent Mate2
- Modi's appeal to the rich: 'Give up subsidised LPG'
- Distrust deepens, AAP countdown begins for easing out Yadav and Prashant Bhushan
- MS Dhoni: Smudged, but colour remains
- Maharashtra: First arrests made under new law banning beef trade
- Ribeiro an icon, I felt sad reading his piece, told the PM: Nitin Gadkari
After having given the world the first large phablet at the Consumer Electronics Show last year, Huawei has returned to Las Vegas with the Ascend Mate2 4G. This new phablet will have a 6.1-inch IPS screen, but will have a slim 9.5mm chassis that will fit in the palm of the hand.
The extra large 4050 mAh battery would be among the largest in smartphones. Plus, the device will be powered by a quad-core 1.6 GHz processor and will have a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. The Ascend Mate2 will come with Huawei's proprietary Emotion UI 2.0.
Huawei says the phone will feature power saving technology that improves performance by more than a third "compared to other smartphones in its class".
While the first Huawei Ascend Mate was launched in India in the middle of last year, it remains to be seen whether this phone will make it here as it is a 4G device.