CETP inaugurated again, Mayor lays foundation stone
- Malaysian plane crashes off Vietnam coast; 5 Indians on board
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
The foundation stone for the common effluent treatment plant (CETP) with zero liquid discharge technology of Bahadur ke road textile and knitwear association (BKTK) was laid Thursday by Mayor H S Gohalwaria. Though the BKTK had got formal inauguration done in December 2011 from the then Health Minister Satpal Gosian, today it was yet another inauguration from the Mayor. The CETP will come up on four acres of area which BKTK has taken on lease. The cost of the project is Rs 148 crore out of which 25 per cent has been contributed by association and the rest has to be raised through bank loans.
JBR technologies is the private company which will be running this CETP and 10 MW power will also be generated out of this project which will make the industrialists self sufficient, told Mayor Gohalwaria. Out of the total project cost, Rs 7.5 crores will be spent on making reinforced concrete cement roads in the area.
Tarun Jain Bawa Chairman of BKTK said, "It will be a zero liquid discharge project with biomass thermal plant and steam distribution and the treated water will be re-used by the units, which at the moment is being thrown in Buddha nallah." The company will also be giving steam to dyeing units at Rs 1 per kg and 10MW electricity will be produced which will also be supplied to the units, told the private company representatives. Bawa further told that the work will be completed in three stages: Installation of CETP, then Bio-mass Thermal Plant and finally the steam distribution system. The chairman of BKTK added that effluent from member industries will be collected through underground pipe lines.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today