C’garh CM to get NSG security
- Elections 2014 LIVE: 60 pc voting in Bengal till 1 pm; Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh would soon be guarded by the elite 'black cat' commandos of the National Security Guard (NSG) in view of a security risk from Maoist cadres in the insurgency affected state.
Singh, who is currently provided security by a special police squad, would be provided round-the-clock mobile security cover by the NSG.
NSG Chief Arvind Ranjan said formal orders in this regard would be made by the Union Home Ministry.
The Chhattisgarh Chief Minister would be the 18th protectee of the elite commando squad.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18