Chain snatcher swallows gold neckalace after caught by public
- Vote Supriya or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Dhowan takes over as Navy Chief, superseded Sinha resigns
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- India to pay Russia for arms, ammo it sells to Afghanistan
A chain snatcher swallowed the gold necklace he had snatched from a woman after being caught by public at J C Nagar area, but is now in police custody as they are thinking of how to retrieve it
Police said the 25-year-old man snatched a 10 grams gold chain from a woman, but the woman started screaming, alerting the public, who chased and caught hold of him.
However, the thief swallowed the chain and denied having stolen it. He was taken to a hospital and subjected to a scan, which revealed it hidden in his abdomen.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer