Chain snatcher swallows gold neckalace after caught by public
- Pakistan court declares 26/11 accused Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi's detention void
- Chairs broken, MLAs faint in Kerala Assembly as Finance Minister KM Mani presents budget
- ‘Love jihad’ gets a Bengal reply: Bahu lao, Beti bachao, ‘purify’ Muslim brides
- Kolkata Park Street rape victim dies
- LIVE: PM Modi arrives in Sri Lanka; assures visa on arrival for Lankan nationals
A chain snatcher swallowed the gold necklace he had snatched from a woman after being caught by public at J C Nagar area, but is now in police custody as they are thinking of how to retrieve it
Police said the 25-year-old man snatched a 10 grams gold chain from a woman, but the woman started screaming, alerting the public, who chased and caught hold of him.
However, the thief swallowed the chain and denied having stolen it. He was taken to a hospital and subjected to a scan, which revealed it hidden in his abdomen.