Chakki Bank to be renamed Pathankot Cantt railway station
- Bhubaneswar hospital fire: Death toll rise to 20 as one more patient succumbs to injuries
- Bhubaneswar hospital fire: PM Narendra Modi asks Health Minister to transfer injured to AIIMS
- We knew about Israel Army's feats, but now world knows about Indian army: PM Narendra Modi
- Mumbai: Two dead in fire at Maker Tower in Cuffe Parade, situation under control
- J-K: Pakistani troops violate ceasefire in Rajouri district, Indian troops retaliate
Chakki Bank railway station in Pathankot will be renamed Pathankot (Cantonment) Railway Station. The name change has got the approval from Ministry of Home Affairs and state revenue and rehabilitation department will issue a notification in a day or two.
The station was built by the British in 1926 and mainly served the troops station in the region and Jammu and Kashmir.
"Some 40-odd trains pass through and stop at the station both up and down in a day. For long it was demand of the local people to change the name. This was a small station and before Independence the trains terminated here. Only after Independence, the railway link to Jammu was established and trains then passed through the station," station master K D Sharma said.
Initially, it had only three rooms and later it was converted into a big station with all main and super fast trains stopping at the station.
- South Asia needs a feminist foreign policy
- Goa was a predictable photo-op, the real deal was the trade and aid partnerships
- Triple talaq, which has been banned by many Islamic countries, should not find support in India
- India must move away from from the idea of parity with China
- Indian army welcomes informed criticism, which allows it to learn and grow
- India lacks institutional mechanisms to deal with death of firms and the failure of banks