Champions League: Chelsea out as Juventus, Galatasaray, Celtic advance
- Tera Gurdip bach gaya: Indian on death row in Indonesia tells wife in phone call
- Pune building collapses, at least nine dead
- Mehbooba: Sacrifice of children won’t go waste; securitymen had no idea they were targeting Burhan
- 'Voodoo statistics!' P Chidambaram rejects Arun Jaitley's inflation remarks
- Senior Congress leader Capt Ajay Yadav to quit party
The Turkish side denied Romania's CFR Cluj, whose consolation for an upset 1-0 victory over former champions United at Old Trafford, was a Europa League place.
Brazilian Luis Alberto's fine 55th-minute strike won it for Cluj against a United side featuring wholesale changes.
Last season's beaten finalists Bayern Munich finished top of Group F after a 4-1 rout of BATE Borisov, ending level on points with Valencia but with a better head-to-head record against the Spaniards who beat Lille 1-0 in France
Swiss international Xherdan Shaqiri scored one and set up another for Bayern, who exacted revenge for a shock defeat in the reverse fixture in Belarus.
Both sides finished with 10 men, Bayern having Jerome Boateng dismissed early in the second half while Denis Polyakov was ordered off for BATE.
- Anti-corruption movement produced political churning, but left institutional issues unaddressed
- India and Pakistan must recognise the role of trade in bringing them closer
- Dengue should be prevented and not merely tackled when the epidemic sets in
- She, with the pen In Mahasweta Devi’s fiction, the dispossessed told their own truths
- For Sumegha, the story came first. The lymphoma that ate away at her couldn’t take that away
- The amended act legalises child labour while claiming to do the opposite