Champions League draw stings Manchester City with Barcelona test
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
Manchester City's fear of drawing one of Europe's big guns in the Champions League round of 16 was realised on Monday when they were handed a daunting tie with four-times winners Barcelona.
Holders Bayern Munich will play Arsenal at the same stage for the second successive season while Chelsea hero Didier Drogba will make an emotional return to west London with current side Galatasaray following Monday's draw.
Nine-times winner Real Madrid take on Schalke 04 and last season's runners-up Borussia Dortmund will play Zenit St Petersburg, who scraped through with six points after winning only one of their six group games.
French champions Paris St Germain will play Bayer Leverkusen and Atletico Madrid were paired with AC Milan.
Bayern chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge was not looking forward to a rematch with the Gunners.
"They are the leaders in the Premier League and so we have been warned," he said.
Chelsea have an intriguing tie against Galatasaray and former Stamford Bridge favourite Drogba.
The Ivorian ended his Chelsea career on a high after scoring the deciding penalty in the shootout success over Bayern in the 2012 final.
Three-times winners Manchester United will play Greek champions Olympiakos Piraeus, while Atletico will fancy their chances against AC Milan.
"We obviously have a lot of respect for all the teams but we do not fear anyone," Atletico Madrid director Clemente Villaverde said.
The final is at Lisbon's Stadium of Light on May 24.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today