Chanakya, the exit poll that got it right
- LIVE: 52 AAP MLAs detained by Delhi Police ahead of their 'surrender' before PM Modi, BJP calls it 'drama'
- Now, people of London sign petition to stay in the European Union
- Personal doctor says Rao's reaction to Babri demolition was honest agitation
- Pampore: Eight CRPF men killed in Valley attack, LeT claims credit
- Under ED heat, Robert Vadra’s firm sheds pvt ltd tag
As the performance of AAP in Delhi took most political gurus by surprise, one exit poll seems to have predicted the new party's impressive debut, and the Congress's debacle to near accurate numbers. The exit poll by 'Today's Chanakya', released on December 4, gave 31 seats to AAP +/- nine seats, with 29 +/- nine seats for BJP, and put the Congress at 10 +/- five seats. The final results of the Delhi polls on Sunday showed a 28-seat haul for AAP, 32 seats for BJP and the Congress winning only 8 seats.
Of the three other states, the political research organisation also predicted BJP's sweeping victory in Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh with a projection of 147 +/- 11 and 161 +/- 11 seats, against final tally of 162 and 164 seats respectively. The agency also projected a neck-and-neck race in Chhattisgarh with a narrow lead for the BJP at 51 against 39 seats. The BJP won 49 seats and the Congress trailed at 39 in Chattisgarh.
- Donald Trump could lead the US back to a past it had moved on from
- EU must confront its failures, far right movements in Europe will become stronger
- Circumstantial and documentary evidence appear overlooked in the Gulberg Society verdict
- Language requires update to reflect growing female presence in 'male' spheres
- Eleanor Zelliot introduced Ambedkar and the Dalit movement to the West
- Across the aisle- Economic reforms: Act I, Scene I