Chanakya, the exit poll that got it right
- PM Modi discusses GST bill with Manmohan, Sonia at 7 RCR; Cong says demands non-political
- Withdraw convocation invite to Narendra Modi: Jamia Millia alumni to VC
- PoK will remain with Pakistan, J&K will remain with India: Farooq Abdullah
- Liquor ban in Bihar: Nitish Kumar's poll promise to women comes at a high cost
- Amarinder Singh appointed as new Punjab Cong President
As the performance of AAP in Delhi took most political gurus by surprise, one exit poll seems to have predicted the new party's impressive debut, and the Congress's debacle to near accurate numbers. The exit poll by 'Today's Chanakya', released on December 4, gave 31 seats to AAP +/- nine seats, with 29 +/- nine seats for BJP, and put the Congress at 10 +/- five seats. The final results of the Delhi polls on Sunday showed a 28-seat haul for AAP, 32 seats for BJP and the Congress winning only 8 seats.
Of the three other states, the political research organisation also predicted BJP's sweeping victory in Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh with a projection of 147 +/- 11 and 161 +/- 11 seats, against final tally of 162 and 164 seats respectively. The agency also projected a neck-and-neck race in Chhattisgarh with a narrow lead for the BJP at 51 against 39 seats. The BJP won 49 seats and the Congress trailed at 39 in Chattisgarh.
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities
- Respecting sovereignty is the essence of bilateral diplomatic engagement
- Islam doesn’t justify targeting innocent lives in the manner in which it was done in Paris
- A Little Bit Of Magic
- Game upside down
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed