Fiza strikes back: Chand trapped, used, dumped me
- Hunt on for Malaysian Airlines: Stolen passports, missing debris fuel fears of foul play
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Rs 25,000 cr: CAG sees biggest ever J&K land scam
- Uttar Pradesh BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
Less than a week after her second husband Chand Mohammad abandoned her dramatically, 37-year-old Fiza on Monday launched a no-holds-barred attack on the former deputy CM of Haryana, accusing him of betraying, ditching, using and intimidating her.
Fiza's outburst came a day after the 43-year-old Chand told the electronic media in Gurgaon — where he is believed to be staying since he left Fiza five days ago — that he still loved his first wife Seema and children, with whom he wanted to reunite. Denying the possibility of returning to Fiza, Chand had termed her as "badhiya cheez (good thing)". It was enough for Fiza to "expose" Chand, who like her had converted to Islam and got married two months ago.
"Am I a vegetable, cold drink or lassi that he said so?" an angry Fiza said, reacting to Chand's "badhiya cheez" comment at a crowded press conference at her flat.
"He trapped me through constant SMSes, which he used to send me since 2006," Fiza said. The messages, which she read out from a mobile phone, pertained to Chand a.k.a. Chander Mohan expressing love for Anuradha (Fiza's name before she converted), hatred for his family and proposing marriage.
"When I avoided talking to him ..., he threatened to kill himself if I did not marry him," Fiza claimed, adding that this made her relent. "It was not me but he, who was after me for all these three years."
"Today, I don't know what I am. Also, I don't know whether he is still Chand Mohammad or Chander Mohan," Fiza said. She said as soon as she comes to know of Chand's actual status, she will act against him. But the former Haryana Assistant Advocate General did not specify what legal action she would take. "All options remain open."
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress